Saturday, January 2, 2016

Second Look on the 2nd--Snow!

Hi Everyone! Today I am joining Elizabeth & Bleubeard for a second look at a post you may not have seen. This one is from March of 2009 when we had freezing temperatures and lots of snow. I chose this one to remind myself of how "lucky" we have been so far this Winter season. It has not gone below freezing more than once--in fact, our temperatures have been more Spring-like, hovering in the high 40s and low 50s. Christmas Day was nearly 70 degrees! We have also had no snow other than one day of icy rain that turned to slush and was gone with the following warm day.

I don't mind the cold so much, but I am not a big fan of snow or ice so hopefully this new year will not be a repeat of March 2009!

I have the urge to sing......


Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! The snow is snowing, the wind is blowing, it is only 18 degrees and yes, school is closed yet again! Surely this must be the last of the days they built in to the school calendar. We were supposed to go to a meeting at the school this morning for Junior parents, about college application procedures, etc, but that was canceled, too. 

We have at least 8" of snow already and it ain't over yet! Fortunately, we fixed the belts on the snow blower on Saturday! We've been so spoiled with warmer weather lately, it is humbling to remember that we can actually have big snowstorms right up into April. No wonder I can never get a decent garden going!

I 3/4 done with the first pin I am beading & will hopefully have it up tomorrow. Today will be filled with ironing, making soup and challenging my daughter to some rousing games of Wii Tennis and Bowling!

Hope you're not snowed in like me! Glad we're not snowed in like in 2009! Have a great day!

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Snow is always gorgeous to look at, and fun for a walk, but the chaos it causes everywhere is not always fun! Hope you get some good, cold weather! My chicken and veggie soup was great, although I would have liked to taste Dave's spicy one! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I remember the posts from last year when you showed all the ice that accumulated on your porch and roof overhang. Unfortunately, we got the ice, not snow. We were on the cold side of the front, with ice rather than rain. Glad your temps were mild. My Christmas was just the opposite, with icy weather. It hadn't gotten above freezing before yesterday here, when we got up to a balmy 36F.

Actually your snow is beautiful, but it's hard to get to work when the snow is so deep. I'm really glad you shared this post I've never seen before as your Second look on the 2nd.

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Oh gosh!!!!!! So happy that this is not now!!!! It has been very warm here this december. But now there is snow on its way and cold wind... Brrrr!!! Hope it will just be a few days!!! Happy new year Debbie - hope you had a great time. Looking forward to see your pin!!

Krisha said...

Snow is always pretty in pictures...but I remember how it really can be...*grin*
Glad to hear your having a mild winter......so far (knock on wood...LOL) Our temps have been up and down, some mornings the frost stays till the sun is high enough to melt it in the shadows, then warming up again for some rain.....I'm not complaining.....we still need the rain and the snow in the mountains to help get us through next summer.
Thanks for sharing your "pretty" pictures.

Gloria said...

I was thinking this morning that it's rare to still have some green grass in the lawn by the time January arrives. There are some brown patches, but the green is holding on. Good for the wildlife I hope. Not wishing for snow!

~*~Patty S said...

Your snow pix look lovely to me.
Snow brings out the little kid in me and I enjoy looking at it so much.
December here in Virginia went down as THE warmest ever recorded.
Just the last two mornings we've had some frost on the lawn.
Hope it kills the mosquitoes!
I couldn't believe I got bit the other day.
Happy January dear Debbie.
oxo

Halle said...

That looks like last Monday here! We're finally having a more normal MN winter. Mini-me wants to try out cross country skiiing one of these days. Man is that a workout! I haven't done it since I was her age so this should be a quite the challenge

pearshapedcrafting said...

I suspect that we could have late snow this year! I hope it doesn't get as deep as this though! Living in the North West of England and near a city we don't usually get much! My boys used to love visiting their Gran in the East for making their snowmen! Chrisx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Your snow images are so peaceful - we dont's have much snow at the moment but it's very cold - winter just arrived after a springlike christmas.
Happy Second on the second !
oxo
Susi

Gaby Bee said...

Your snow pictures look just wonderful to me. This post lifts up my spirits! Right now here in Germany it's all gray and rainy all the time :(

Magic Love Crow said...

When I first looked at your post, I thought, how did Deb get all this snow! We don't have any! LOL! I hate the ice, but I have to admit, I do like the snow. For me, it's a time when everything should be sleeping. A more peaceful time of year. We had the same as you. Snow for a little bit, then rain and ice over time and by the next day, it was gone! Spring like temperatures this weekend again! LOL! Hugs!