Tuesday, December 8, 2015

T Stands For Two Posts in One

Hi Everyone! I'm running around doing errands today, but before I go thought I'd join Elizabeth and Bleubeard for a T Stands For Tuesday post. I'm actually drinking English Breakfast tea right now in my same boring cup, so instead of another photo of that, I thought I would share my recent tea purchase with you.
Ever since I returned from Sweden, I have been trying to purchase some tea that I had there every morning with breakfast that I absolutely fell in love with. In our travels around the city we came upon two tea shops where we inquired, but neither were familiar with the tea even after showing them a link online in Swedish. Near the end of the trip I even asked the hotel staff at the buffet where I could purchase some, but alas they order it online. Not to be deterred when we arrived home, I set out on a mission. I scoured the internet and found it but choked at the cost to order and ship to the US. I tried all the shops around here, until I finally found something very similar at a company I have ordered online from. Enter Passion Fruit Papaya....very, very close to the one I have been searching for, if only it had a little more papaya taste. I am going to buy some dried papaya today if I can find it, chop some up and let it dry out and then add it to my next cup.  Hopefully, that will do it!

Now on to my 2nd post....for Art Journal Journey whose theme this month is collage, I made this:
I have no idea why this photo came out so blurry, but I took a few close ups, so not to worry!
Here at the top you can plainly see that I used an old book page as my substrate and did a glazed lavender background. I used a little trick that I learned from Seth Apter to gesso the back side of the page first to control curling. It worked! The birds were cut on a die cutting machine, but that is a story for another post.
The rest were magazine images, scraps of paper, wings off a bag from a purchase in Egypt, and a gifted crown for the "king of the jungle" lion. Valerie,our hostess this month, wanted to see some words or journaling, so I chose an appropriate quote from Emily Dickenson, "Luck is not chance, it's toil; Fortune's expensive smile is earned."  Stop by AJJ and see more fantastic collages!

Thanks for stopping by today!



19 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad you found a tea comparable to what you had in Sweden. Isn't postage outrageous? I couldn't believe how much it's gone up over the years. Seems shipping is sometimes more than the cost of the item you want. But I like that you found a tea similar to what you wanted, and will be sharing it with us over the next few weeks (or months as would be the case with me).

Your collage is gorgeous. The lion really IS a king, and I love the way you have made the collage. Even the background is great. I can't wait to read about the die cutting machine.

Thanks for sharing your tea AND your collage with us for T this Tuesday, dear Debbie.

Linda Kunsman said...

Boy Debbie after all that time trying to find your special tea only to be disappointed by the ridiculous shipping cost I'm glad you found an alternative. Your journal page is super!! great quote and I love the lion head giving it strength and courage. Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

A woman on a mission! I'm happy you were successful, and it sounds like the dried fruit will add just that finishing touch it needs to be perfect :) Happy T Day!

Valerie-Jael said...

You were on a tea mission, glad you found a good tea even if it's not quite the same. Love the beautiful collage you made for Art Journal Journey, thanks so much for joining us there! Have a great week, take care and happy T Da, hugs, Valerie

Krisha said...

Great collage, and your tea sounds interesting.
Happy T-day

pearshapedcrafting said...

Glad you found some acceptable tea!I love your collage page - such fun! Chrisx

Ariel said...

Thank you for sharing the photo of different types of tea. All these are totally new to me. Your collage looks great.I'm inspired to try one.
Happy T day

Pamela Gerard said...

Great that you could find your tea. David's Tea is online and in the USA if you haven't heard of it and they have some wonderful teas. Loved the collage card with the playing cards especially.

Rita said...

Sounds like with the added dried papaya you might have hit the recipe.
A lion magician! Love your imagination!
Happy T-Day! :)

johanna said...

i can relate on your Trials to find something Special... not finding it and if - horrendous Prices for shipping... i think the idea with the additional Papaya is good.
i like your Collage also and wish you a happy belated t-day and rest of the week!

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Oh gosh, finding something like the perfect tea is quite a task. And the postal in my corner of the world is extreme and getting worse. So happy you found somthing similar to it!!! Good thing you are so creative and can add some flavor!!
Very cool collage and there are so many things in it that I ejoyed looking at it and discover it!!!!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

What a tea mission - lol- super that you have found a good one. That's a beautiful collage for our Art Journal Journey Collection - thanks so much for joining us there! Hope to see you more often in the future! Would be great! Have a good week, take care and belated happy T - Day for you!
oxo
Susi

Dianne said...

the tea sounds wonderful...good thing you are persistent as it sounds like you had quite a search. A wonderfully creative collage, and love that quote! happy belated T day!

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Glad you found some tea. I am not a tea person any more. It hurts my stomach, however we have a tea house here that makes me the best Russian coffee. I love your collage!!!!

Becky said...

Love your collage. Glad you found some tea I also am a tea drinker.

Karla B said...

I love your collage and your tea is heavenly!Happy belated t-day:)my friend!

Darla said...

It is almost time for another Tuesday post and here I am just showing up. Late everywhere! Your tea sounds great, I'm a big fan of papaya myself but not sure I've ever had it in a flavored tea. I really like the art you created for the challenge. I hope to find a challenge to join after the first of the year. Something to get me back into my art. I'm searching various sites.

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, I am going to look for the tea you got! Sounds so good! I am a tea person like you! Getting dried papaya and putting it in your tea sounds so good!! Great idea! Your art journal page is cool! Lots of detail! Hugs!

~*~Patty S said...

Trying to play catch up over at AJJ which is no small task with so many fabulous entries...again this month!
Such an interesting quote and your collage really draws me in Debbie...very cool with the hands and other details.
That tea does sound yummy.
oxo