Tuesday, December 1, 2015

T Stands For Museum Wrap Up

Hi Everyone! Thanks for stopping by to see the last of the exhibition posts....Moving our daughter into her new apartment on Sunday went really well. The drive there and home was much better than expected, and since we left early to come home, we stayed ahead of the traffic and snarls that occur on this heavy travel day.  Anyway, on to the show.....

The last room, was Autumn, filled with breathtaking golds, deep reds and gem-like colors. One side of the room featured several large displays,
while the other showed smaller, more compact arrangements:
It was interesting--and I didn't notice until I got home and looked at the photos--that this display looked like this on Friday night when the crowd was family and friends, and like this
on Saturday and beyond
when the general public were welcomed in. Here are just a few shots of the larger arrangements:
Moving into the last hallway, is a memorial wreath of the kind used to decorate a loved one's grave. This one is brand new, of course, and even though it is a really terrible photo, you

can see all the work that went into the flowers and wrapping beads all the way around the heavy wire frame.

Last but not least was a plaque demonstrating how a beaded flower is constructed (the steps were constructed by me),
and a case that showed how glass is stretched into rods and then cut to make the individual beads:
To the left are some vintage color sample cards and the photo depicts women collecting the beads onto strings by hand which must have been very tedious! I hope you enjoyed seeing a little of the exhibition. Thank you for all your enthusiastic and lovely comments on all the posts.

I wanted to share a few photos of my blooming cacti--the little one on the window sill next to my seed grown cacti was a cutting I made for our daughter's new apartment.
Now all that is left is for me to share my drink and a freshly baked pastry with Elizabeth and visit all the other participants!






18 comments:

Darla said...

It has been so interesting to follow you through the museum and the world of beaded flowers. I've always liked the flowers you make but now have a new appreciation of the extent of ways the flowers can be used and how much work they are to make.

Valerie-Jael said...

The displays at the exhibition were great, and I can understand them protecting the exhibits! Love the flowering cactus. Your pastry looks great, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen Susi said...

What a wonderful exhibition.. just unbelievable how much work and love is in every of these arrangements! Fantastic! Great that you managed the move of your daughter so well and I love to see your cacti ... beautiful!
Happy T- Day!
oxo
Susi

johanna said...

the Christmas cactus is a real Beauty - as are your selfmade flowers. nice to follow your construction.
have a happy t-day and rest of the week!

Krisha said...

Thanks for sharing more of the exhibit.......still hard to believe they are all hand beaded.......amazing!!!!

Pretty cactus flower. I don't know much about cacti......even though they grow well here.

Happy T-day

Linda Kunsman said...

thank you for sharing so much of this stunning exhibition! I clicked for larger views and WOW is all I can say! Your cactus flower plant looks gorgeous and healthy. Glad your daughter's move went well. Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I've enjoyed seeing the exhibition. I continue to be amazed at the detail and the intricate work.

The flowering plant is such a nice touch during the colder seasons, isn't it! I'll definitely join you for coffee and pastry. yummmm :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

I loved seeing your Exhibition photos but today the stars have to be those cacti! I love that vibrant pink! Oh! That pastry looks yummy!! Hmmm! Chrisx

Rita said...

I think it was very wise of them to cover all those gorgeous beaded flower arrangements when they opened it to the public. I have never gotten cactus to bloom and these are beautiful. Everything looks yummy! Happy T-Day! :)

Dianne said...

this exhibit of beaded flowers is truly breathtaking! and some of the flowers look very real...beautiful Christmas cactus too! happy T day!

Ariel said...

The museum exhibit has been wonderful. Love the fall arrangement. I never knew about this blooming cactus. It is so beautiful.
Have a great week
Susan

Denise Price said...

What a fabulous post! All the bead work is exquisite, and the pastry looks delicious. Happy T Day. :)

Lisca Meijer said...

All that bead work is so amazing! Thank you for taking me on a tour of the exhibits.
Your pastry looks yummy.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I knew a lot went into beading a flower, but I had NO idea all the steps it took to get there. I hope you always are able to make them, because you do such lovely work. Thanks also for sharing the last of your museum photos, and the wreath that was truly over the top.

Your cactus is doing well, and I think you should be proud of all of the cacti. You are the ONLY person I know who grows cactus from seed. Simply amazing.

Thanks for sharing the museum photos, the cacti, and your lovely tea and pastry with us for T this Tuesday. The pastry looks yummy.

BTW, I may have to try eggnog covered french toast. It sounds wonderful. Thanks for putting the idea in my head. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Janice Kay Schaub said...

spectacular. really spectacular. I think they are so beautiful. Did you do anything new (for you) I would love to see close ups.
Janice

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day! These flowers are breathtaking, love seeing all the displays for them. She must be so excited! Thank you for sharing them and your treat with us!

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

It is almost sad that this is a wrap up. I really enjoyed all your posts about the exhitition and your great contribution. How great to see that step by step illustration. That tells how much work going into one single flower. Thank you for sharing. Your cactus looks wonderful!!!

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow Deb! Truly breath taking! I agree with what Lone said, about the step by step illustration! How much work for a single flower! You should display that in a way, for your Etsy shop. Very interesting! My mom's cacti is blooming too! Beautiful photo! Hugs :)