Tuesday, December 22, 2015

T Stands For Merry Christmas

Hi Everyone! First, I thought I would follow up a little with the dried papaya results. If you read my last post, I had found a tea nearly the same as I had in Sweden and thought it just needed a little more papaya taste. I purchased some dried papaya that I cut up very small and added to the infuser when I made the next cup.  Not only did it not add flavor, but it seemed to bland the flavor that was already there.  I decided to just be content with the way it is--almost perfect.

Today because everything is in such a rush, I am sharing my husband's coffee cup--I know, I know, it looks worse than my stained tea cup, but he loves it and won't give it up. Since I had my tea at 6:30 this morning and did not even have my eyes open, this will allow me to join Elizabeth and the T Stands for Tuesday gang.

I have all the decorating done, most of the cleaning, and planned to do more of the baking this morning. In the meantime today, took DH for a routine test this morning, got a panicky phone call from my 89-year-old Dad that he was having trouble with his laptop, and found out DD is on her way home from work early, so my whole world went topsy turvy again!
Thank goodness for Elvis music that keeps me happy & energized....

Thank goodness for my happy little avocado pit--which isn't so little anymore.....
Thank goodness I've had a little extra time to bead (ok, I skipped a few cleaning chores, but who will know?) which always makes me happy.....

And thank goodness for all my online friends who give me so much encouragement, inspiration, and friendship--just by being there!  Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy New Year!


17 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Hi Deb! Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! I am so grateful for you! I'm coming around to everyone today too and will make a post later on, because it's almost time for Santa to arrive! LOL! Thanks for letting us know about the tea! Your Elvis is so cute! Never a boring day at your house, eh? LOL! Your avocado is doing so well! Your new beaded flower is so beautiful! I just bought mom some flowers yesterday for Christmas! Big hugs and Much Love :o)

~*~Patty S said...

WOW your beaded Bird of Paradise is fabulous...the magic you make with wire and beads is really special Debbie ♥
Drinks always taste best in our favorite cups don't they ;-)
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas
and Happy T Day too.
Your avocado looks amazing.
You have quite a green thumb there Missy.
oxo

Divers and Sundry said...

Ah, Elvis! We in Memphis have a soft spot in our hearts for him since he loved us so much :) Your avocado looks great.

Happy T Tuesday!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beading is always better than housewo*rk, that's for sure, and your work is beautiful. Have a great Christmas, enjoy being together with your family, and have fun. Mugs always have a certain comfort feeling, that's more important than non-stained cups. I remember my parents were horrified when I scrubbed their tea-stained cups clean, and told me I had taken all the flavour! Enjoy your tea!Happy Christmas, hugs, Valerie

Krisha said...

Your Bird of Paradise is AMAZING!! At first I thought it was real!!
I need to be cleaning and getting everything organized to Christmas dinner, but wanted to make sure I stopped by to wish YOU The Merriest of Christmas' full of Love, laughter and the joys of this season.

Viktoria Berg said...

Elvis Christmas decoration, that´s wonderful! I agree that his music is uplifting; the cafĂ© where I sit and study these days has a few cd:s they shuffle, and one of them is an Elvis Christmas record. Reminds me of my mother, who adored him. Merry Christmas & Happy T-Day!

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

That is truly amazing - the parrot flower, as we call it here!!!! I love it - what great work. Sounds like you are having a hectic time before christmas, but manage to just let things you love come first!! Keep that up Debbie!!! Wish you and your loveones a very merry christmas with a big hug!!!

Linda Kunsman said...

Oooh your beaded flower is stunning Debbie!! My hubby's two favorite coffee mugs get so bad I occasionally fill them with baking soda and water then scrub them with a toothbrush when I can't stand looking at them any longer:):)

Hubby and you would get along quite well with your love of Elvis. I have hidden the Elvis xmas music away for now . Perhaps I'll let it out when I've had a few drinks-lol!!
Happy T day and wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

Rita said...

Elvis is in the building! :):)
Your beaded flowers are just magnificent.
Happy T-Day and Merry Christmas! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thank goodness you're so busy running around that you might not even notice how late I am visiting. I was out all day, then came home and slept. Just woke up thinking it was morning, not night.

Your avocado looks absolutely wonderful. Very healthy and happy.

Your husband's coffee cup reminds me of the outside of my WSU mug. Some stains just never go away, no matter what we try.

Gosh, that bird of paradise beautiful. One of my favorite flowers that would never grow in my area. Thanks for sharing it, your lovely home decorations, your beautiful avocado, and your husband's mug with us for T this Tuesday. Forgive me for being late, even though I'm here to wish you a very merry Christmas, too.

johanna said...

favorite Cups are favorite Cups - don´t ask how many cracks on the top of my husbands Cup are... but he sticks to it with all his loyalty;)
i wish you and your loved ones a very peaceful Christmas time, xox

froebelsternchen Susi said...

What a fantastic bird of Paradise! Wow!
Have a Very Merry Christmas !
oxo
Susi

Gaby Bee said...

Your beaded Bird of Paradise is beautiful and belongs in a magazine! I enlarged your photos to get a better look. I thought it was real:) I wished I have the magical hands like you.
Sending warm wishes to you and your family for a wonderful Christmas, and much health and happiness for 2016.

Gaby

pearshapedcrafting said...

Loved reading this post - my "get on with things" music is usually REM! Wishing you a very Happy Christmas! Hugs, Chrisx

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Deb! Hope you are having a wonderful day! Thinking of you and smiling! Love you!

Karla B said...

Merry Christmas my friend!Much Love!

Karla

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

As always everything looks beautiful. Wishing you and your family the very best 2016.