Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Second on the 2nd

Hi Everyone! I can't believe it is December 2 already! You know what that means, right? Yes, it is time to join up with Bleubeard and Elizabeth for a second look at previous post. I chose this post from January 10, 2011, because when I came upon it, it made me smile! Hope it gives you a chuckle, too! Click on the link above to see Elizabeth's post and what everyone else is sharing.

 January 10, 2011

Boob post revisited...and a big reveal!

Do you remember this post? How could you forget? It is being revisited for a special reason.  After reading all the comments (both agreeing & disagreeing) I came upon Nicole's comment, and we decided it would be fun to each take a boob, er one of the polymer clay pieces and challenge ourselves to see what we could make. So I mailed one to her, and we have now both completed our pieces. Today is the great unveiling ...Oh, yeah, we have not seen each other's pieces either. Sure to be fun! Here is the original post:
 I was playing with my polymer clay & made a spiral bead which I got the bright idea to cut in half and see if I could use it as a cabochon & bead around it. After cuting it in half and looking at them both together...well, do you see it? Do they look like a certain female body part to you? Or is my mind in the gutter?
Is it my color selection? I don't think these are going to make it into any project anytime soon! Maybe if I use the two of them, I can make an art doll of some sort. I think I will put them in my "didn't come out quite like I planned" drawer!

And now for the big reveal.....
I decided to make a brooch and added another "unknown" stone.
Thanks to Nicole's excellent instructions in a bead kit she gifted me, I was able to complete the back without any stitches showing!
I am rather pleased with it...What do you think?
Nicole & I have talked about what to do, and I am going to join her in offering my piece in a silent auction format. All proceeds will go to breast cancer research. If you are interested, just send me an email--highest bidder wins!

Now go see Nicole's piece!

12 comments:

sheila 77 said...

Looks great, Debbie. I don't think I would have thought it originally looked like a boob, although once you got that idea into your head it wouldn't go away. The blue beads set off its colour so well and how you managed to hide the stitching I don't know. Nice work.

Darla said...

I didn't see this before and laughed when you discovered you had "two boobs". You certainly ended up using the piece very creatively and I'm sure the people at the auction appreciated you donating it.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh yes! I am laughing! You certainly created a beautiful brooch - after you stopped giggling! A grea second look! Chrisx

Krisha said...

I missed the original post, so this one had me giggling....
The broach is absolutely gorgeous!!!
Thanks for sharing it again.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I didn't know you in 20ll, so this was a complete and total surprise to me. I love the way you brought this back and I love that you eventually figured out a use for the boob. It is actually quite lovely, and donating it to charity makes it even more special.

I once made the mistake of saying something on my Yahoo group about boobs. It sparked a wonderful and lively conversation, which resulted in a tip-in swap. There were some incredible tip-ins created as a result, but we only shared, and didn't offer them to breast cancer research, like you and Nicole did.

Both pieces are stunning, albeit quite different. Thanks for digging this up and sharing for Second on the 2nd. You are such an inspiration.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

A wonderful b(r)oo[(b)]che - unique!
Worth to have the chance of a second look to see it ! Nicole's is beautiful as well!

Valerie-Jael said...

Debbie, I love your boobs! Too funny, but really beautiful! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Yup, it did look like a boob-but a very pretty one. Is there such a thing as a "pretty" boob? But not once you finished with it-wow-it turned out great. Glad you re-shared this post.

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

How wonderful to see this. I do not think I knew you back then. Thank you for sharing. The bead is actually perfect work. To get that spiral so perfect is not that easy!!! I love the piece you made from it and what a great idea to use it for charity Debbie!!!

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Yeah the boob cabs were so much fun. Thanks for the memory. It must be in the air because I posted memories for PPF.

Magic Love Crow said...

Brilliant! I remember this! LOL! The brooch turned out gorgeous!

Magic Love Crow said...

I love what Nicole created too!