Tuesday, October 13, 2015

T Stands For Warning! Long Post!

Very wordy post ahead....T Tuesday friends can scroll to the bottom for my tea contribution.

Hi Everyone! I am back from Stockholm, filled with amazing memories and energy! As you might remember, I went to attend the opening of an exhibition of beaded flowers that included some of my work. What I did not know beforehand was that it was the entire first floor of the museum and my flowers were everywhere! To say I was shocked, stunned like a deer in headlights and just downright out of my comfort zone is putting it mildly.This was a huge deal in Sweden and was attended by famous Swedish artists, a famous TV personality who gave a talk, as well as everyone and anyone connected with the book and/or exhibition. It was covered by the top two newspapers in Sweden, made it into design magazines and the SAS Traveler--the magazine they put in the lounges and seat pocket of the airplanes.
Here is just a peak as I have not had a chance to go through all my photos yet....
The burgundy lilies in the vase in the foreground are some of my work.  If you would care to see more, you can visit the Facebook page of the Thiel Gallery here. For those not on Facebook, I  will be posting more photos when I get a chance. The Museum has a very interesting history that you can read about here.

The book launch on Friday night was surreal--invited guests only. I can't tell you how many people came up to me wanting to meet me, hear my story and inspiration. I just kept thinking someone was going to pinch me and I would wake up! Unfortunately, at the moment the book is not available in the US, but I have been told it is available all over Europe and Canada.

The next day was the opening, again there was a short talk by the aforementioned TV personality then a question and answer with the museum curator, my friend, and the floral designer, Gunnar Kaj. Gunnar's website has plenty of photos of the exhibition also. At the end of the talk, my friend introduces me, and the whole room turned around (I was standing in the back) and just started applauding! Talk about a "Sally Field Moment"! How did I walk into this world???

I can keep talking, but won't right now, because today is Tuesday....and I want to show you just two of the gifts (we each got a set) my friend sent us home with...
He knows I only drink tea and we love moose. Isn't this just the cutest mug and tea strainer? Our hotel had loose leaf Swedish Tea called "Mambo Jambo" that I absolutely loved. I am on a mission to find at least something similar that I can order as I went to two tea shops in Stockholm, but they did not carry it. It has to be ordered and as you can image, ordering it to the US is cost prohibitive. I can't wait to get caught up with all my T Stands For Tuesday friends--be patient, it will take me awhile!

Thanks for visiting and reading my happy news!
















21 comments:

Darla said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! I'm speechless. Congratulations. It must have been so exciting to see your work in the exhibit and to be recognized for your art. I hope the book is available in the US at some point. I'm just delighted for you.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, so happy for you that you had a great time and got deserved recognition for your fantastic work - well done. Happy T Day, enjoy your new mug! Hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

WOW! I can only imagine the high you were on -and deservedly so Debbie! I hope you will share more of your experience and photos because it is a thrill just to feel your joy through it all. Happy T day!

Lorraine said...

congrats well done

Divers and Sundry said...

Congratulations! What an honor!

The moose mug is adorable :) I hope you find access to the tea.

Krisha said...

CONGRATULATIONS DEBBIE!!! I am sooooo thrilled for you!! You and your beautiful work are well deserving of all the fanfare.
Looking forward to reading more about this fantastic adventure.
Happy T-day

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

I am so happy for you Debbie!!! What a joy to read about your great trip and that you got that acknowledgement you so well deserve!!! Your work is simply amazing - and that shows!!! Of course you needed that cup!!!!

~*~Patty S said...

Oh Dear Debbie ~ I got goosebumps and teary eyes (I think so much magic would have made me cry but I cry alot).
It must all seem like a fantastical and wonderful dream.
Seeing a whole floor of your beautiful pieces all together had to be breathtaking!
I certainly would enjoy seeing LOTS more photos of the gala exhibit and of Sweden too of course (I only visited there for a couple of hours and had lunch after a hydrofoil ride and have always wanted to go back).
I am so very happy for you I really don't have the words to express it.
Happy Happy T Day
I am off to check out your links!
Welcome back from your magical tour and experiences my talented celebrity friend ♥
oxo

~*~Patty S said...

Love the moose gifts too!

Viktoria Berg said...

I am happy to hear you had such a positive experience in Stockholm. It is true, if it´s happening at Thielska galleriet, then it is a big deal. I totally missed it in the news myself, being buried in anatomy books, but usually, I keep an eye out for interesting things like this. Your flowers are truly gorgeous! Happy T Day!

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Do you remember when we first met.... like a zillion years ago and I told you then that your beaded flowers were special and the best I had ever seen. Finally you are getting the recognition you so deserve. I am so happy for you.
Nicole/Beadwright

Lisca Meijer said...

Congratulations! That must have been a dream come true! Well done you. You deserve it, your flowers are beautiful.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Debbie! What an exciting time for you - huge congratulations! I love the moose mug! Happy T day! Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I am so late visiting. I didn't think I'd be THIS late, though. What an absolutely amazing and uplifting post. I am very impressed. It was so good to read that you were honored in a way you never expected. October, 2015 is a month you will never EVER forget.

We here at T all know how lovely and special your beaded flowers are, but to be recognized internationally is SO special. I just keep going wow, wow, wow. I'm THRILLED for you.

That moose mug and strainer are incredible, and fit you to a T. Couldn't help the pun. Thanks for sharing your wonderful news, your adorable mug, a few photos, and (again) that adorable mug with us for T this Tuesday.

Rita said...

OMG!!! That is soooo exciting! You deserve it. I have always been taken aback by your beadwork. It is stunning. What a time! You won't soon forget your Sally Field's moment. Just so exciting!! Congratulations!! And happy T- Day!! :):)

Dianne said...

oh how wonderful Debbie, congratulations! I'm so glad that you were recognized for your talent and beautiful work...it is presented in a gorgeous way (especially on Gunnar's site) so I am looking forward to seeing more of your photos! and that moose mug is adorable!! ♥

Denise Price said...

Hello! Sorry I am a day late. But I am sure that your T Day was a happy one with that adorable moose set! Hope that Wednesday is going well for you so far.

Wow, you trip to Sweden and the exhibition with your flowers sounds wonderful! The story is as beautiful as a fairy tale. Huge congratulations to you!!!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Congrats on this! WOW..exciting!
oxo
Susi
Happy belated T-Day Debbie!

Janice Kay Schaub said...

wow that is wonderful and I am happy for you. It must have been quite the adventure and what a thrill. I bet that had you smiling for days. Welcome back. Looking forwards to seeing more of your work.You know I love it and I am not at all surprised to hear that you are appreciated.
Janice

Magic Love Crow said...

Oh!!!! I know someone famous!!! WOW!!! I can't stop smiling! The book is available in Canada? Please let me know the name!!!! I love the mug and tea strainer!! Deb, I am truly so happy for you!!!! HUGS from mom and I :o)

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, what happens after the exhibition? Your friend is taking all these flowers home?