Tuesday, October 20, 2015

T Stands for T-bana

Hi everyone! I've been so busy since I returned home that I have not even had time to edit my photos let alone create art. 
I do always have time for tea and try to join in on Tuesdays with Elizabeth's T Stands for Tuesday group. It is a fun and supportive group!

It is not entirely true that I did not have time to make art, but what I made are gifts that I will show after they get to the recipients. In the meantime, I will share some art from my trip.
The Tunnelbana, T-bana, or T as it became known is the underground train system in Sweden which is very efficient and easy to use. There are three color coded lines with very easy to read maps.  I was impressed with the art in some of the stations as you proceeded to the carded entry to the tracks.
The art celebrated Swedish artists and other notables.
It was really hard to show the perspective on this, but sometimes there were multiple escalators down to the tracks with at least one of them taking over a minute to descend.  The red "cage" in the right of the photo held an elevator which in this case was more like an incline railway. We tried it on the way up.
There was even art decorating the elevator cage on the way down the escalator.
At the bottom before getting to the tracks, one is often treated to more art in the form of painting on the walls and ceiling. This was one of the more lighted stations so the photo came out reasonably well.
The tracks were well marked, and some of the stations even had suitcase carts that could be used.
Another useful thing were the digital boards that told you how soon each train would be arriving--and they were very prompt!!

I'll share one last photo--my avocado--before going off to visit everyone....
Happy T Day!






18 comments:

Darla said...

Enjoyed seeing a bit of how you got around in Sweden. The stations look very clean and well organized. Nice that they give you some interesting art to look at as you make your way.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic photos, love that underground system. Glad your avocado is growing, well done! Have a great week, happy Tday, hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

there is nothing like a well constructed and organized system! Love the sleek look of the Swedish lines in these shots. Looks like your avocado is coming along. Happy T day!

Halle said...

The tunnel system looks really cool. Glad you had a good time!
Happy T day!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

What a fantastic constructed system- super! Great that this avocado grows so well! Happy t-dAY1
OXO
Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

I love finding art in public places. It makes the environment feel friendlier.

Your avocado plant is doing great!

~*~Patty S said...

How fun to see that stylish and cool underground!
That painted ceiling is brilliant.
Your avocado is doing great Debbie.
I was not watering mine consistently and leaves kept curling up.
Now I am on track (hopefully) and can keep up.
Happy T Day oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I so enjoyed seeing the Underground in Sweden. It looked very clean and well run. Reminded me that people told me never to use the underground in NYC unless I knew where I was going. Of course, others told me that was the best way to get around. town. It sure looks nothing like I envisioned what I've seen on TV. That ceiling was beautiful, and the art was stunning.

Your English afternoon tea looks interesting. Not heard of that, but I'm sure there's lots of tea I haven't heard of.

Your avocado is doing well. Someone must have taken good care of it while you were gone. I've given up trying to propagate them, so have chopped them up to be used in dyeing fabric.

Thanks for sharing this art, your tea, and your great avocado with us for T this Tuesday.

Dianne said...

Wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing this...sometimes I think art is recognized in Europe as being more important than it is in the U.S. Here it always seems to be about advertising, though some of the ads are quite novel and artistic too. Love the shot of the painted ceiling...happy T day!

Krisha said...

Looking forward to seeing MORE photos of your trip, these were just fascinating! Thanks for sharing.
Happy T-day

TwinkleToes2day said...

Wow Debbie, I am very impressed with the art through those tunnels, and I have to say that I was very impressed by the London underground too. Clean and colourful also. I love the large maps on the walls; they are 'my security blanket' for when we go somewhere different, lol. The escalators you show are HUGe! Did the red cage lift feel weird? It looks to be at a strange angle. In Edinburgh and London, the digital boards are a great help. they are slowly being introduced more around my home areas too. very useful tools for locals as well as holiday makers.
Your avocado is coming along great isn't it?! What does your son make of it?
Thanks for your lovely comment on our holiday/T post. Happy T Day :D

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

So fun to see and read from your trip to Sweden. Underground systems are simply great. It certainly looks great in Stockhold with lots of colors!!!! I love following that avocado - seeing thins grow is supposed to be calming :-)

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Wonderful post. I still feel your energy from you trip. What an excellent place to visit. How did you get that avocado to root and grow. I tried many this summer and none of them would root. I was thinking they were all male seed. LOL Oh and yes I had the correct end in the water.
Have a great day
Nicole/Beadwright

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! The underground looks great - some of the Paris metro stations have lovely art too! Your avacado plant is coming on nicely! Happy T day! Chrisx

Lisca Meijer said...

Thanks for sharing the photos of the underground in Sweden. Yes, it looks very European. In Holland the stations look like that too. But I have never seen an elevator like that.
The art is great. A great way to promote local artists. I love the decorated ceiling of the underground. The ceiling of my cave house looks a bit like that. I wonder if I could copy that idea.....
Wow, you avocado has grown!
Have a good week,
Lisca

Lorraine said...

great photos

Karla B said...

Sweden is gorgeous in every sense!Love your avocado tree!I am crazy for avocado vitamin!Happy T day!

Magic Love Crow said...

WOW!!! Amazing! Loving these photos!!! Gorgeous train system!! Your avocado plant is doing amazing! Big Hugs ;o)