Monday, September 28, 2015

T Stands For Tuesday

Hi Everyone! It has certainly been a whirlwind of a week here! This past Friday, Dennis & I realized a dream and headed to NYC to attend the Mass celebrated by Pope Francis in Madison Square Garden. It was one of those "once in a lifetime moments". It began with a concert that featured Martin Sheen & Rosanna Scotto introducing Gloria Estefan, Jennifer Hudson, Harry Connick, Jr., Kelli O'Hara, Norm Lewis, and a choir from the Church of St. Charles Borromeo in Harlem, all singing religious selections. Needless to say it was quite a warm up.
It was a packed house and on arrival, the Pope rode around in a golf cart greeting the crowd before going backstage to vest for the mass. If you are Catholic, or even if you are not....Let me say this was one of the most thrilling experiences of our lives. It was electric, moving, and very evident that we were in the presence of Holiness.

Now, having recovered from that, packing is in full gear and we head to the next adventure in Stockholm. You can read about the reason for this trip, here. I do have a little more exciting news to share, and that is that the evening before the exhibition opening, we have been invited to an exclusive "book launch" party--family, friends, & VIPs. So, the book will be coming out at the same time after all, and yes, some of my work is featured. It just happens that the day of this extra surprise comes on my birthday! This whole thing is surreal to me!

How I ever had time to create anything is beyond me, but here is my signature piece, a french beaded ring of roses:

I'll be taking an extended Fika or Swedish coffee break. I've been doing some research on traditional foods and drinks in Sweden, and it appears they are more coffee than tea drinkers. In any case, they usually enjoy a sweet with their coffee....so I am looking forward to trying some local favorites. Linking up with T Stands for Tuesday, and I will try to visit as many participants as possible before we leave.

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful post. Everything about it shouts joy and happiness. I'm SO glad you got to see the pope. I watched some of the events on TV, which I realize is not the same, but, not being Catholic, still found it quite moving.

I am so thrilled for you and the book that you will be in attendance for. That ring of roses is absolutely fantastic.

It's good to know that Swedes drink more coffee than tea. I have often wondered how it is so many people claim to prefer and drink tea when it seems most of the world prefers coffee. At least in the countries I've researched.

We will miss you during your Fika and your extended blog break, but be aware we will be thinking of you during this time and great opportunity to share your wonderful beaded flowers with others. Thanks for sharing the photo from Madison Square Garden and your signature roses with us for T this week. You'll be missed, so please stay safe!

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh Debbie I am truly so happy for you and all the wonderful things surrounding you. Obviously the universe worked for you with your intentions(whether consciously or not). I am not Catholic but what you say is true- and I have had friends and family talk about how moved they were by the Pope's words and gestures-including me. Wishing you a magical, life changing time in Sweden-you deserve the recognition! And do take lots of pics to share for when you are home again. Happy T day and safe travels!

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you had such a memorable visit with the Pope, he is a man with so much conviction and it must have been a fantastic experience. Your beaded roses are wonderful too. Enjoy your trip to Sweden, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Bridget Larsen said...

A magical moment indeed, I would still be on a high too off to read the other adventure link

Lisca Meijer said...

Wow! So much excitement! What a privilege to get tickets to see the pope. I can well believe this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Please take lots of photos when you are in Sweden. Have a fab time!
Lisca#8

froebelsternchen Susi said...

How exiting! Wow! I can imagine how great this was and I love your beaded piece...absolutely gorgeous!
Have fun on your trip to Sweden Debbie!
oxo
Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

How exciting! I'm happy for you that you got to go :)

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Wow that is awesome. What a great memory to keep. Good luck on your next trip. Take lots of photos.
Nicole/Beadwright

Krisha said...

What a glorious week so far, and next a trip to Sweden!!

I am so thrilled for you to get your work published.....but not surprised , as your beading is just fabulous.......that ring of roses is to die for!!

Yes! Take LOTS of photos on your trip and the book signing. We will all be here when you get back. Have an awesome time for all of us!!!

Happy T-day and thanks for the comment.

Viktoria Berg said...

I´m not Catholic, but I think I´d be pretty excited to see the Pope, too!

How wonderful for you to come to Sweden, and for such a reason! I´ll look forward to hearing all about it later. Yes, fika is a big thing, and fikabröd, too. I am sure your hosts will guide you to the best places in town. I hope the book launch and exhibition goes well and you get lots of attention for your beautiful work! I´d come see it, but we live 1000 km further north and it takes a bit of effort to go to Stockholm.

Dianne said...

Wow...two wonderful events so close together! Sounds like the Pope's visit was truly moving and spectacular at the same time. Congratulations on your work being published and what a marvelous opportunity to attend the opening!! Enjoy your trip...happy T day! ♥

Rita said...

Wow! Sounds like quite an event! And now you are on to your own more personal event. They say there are no coincidences--happy birthday! And happy T-Day! :)

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

What a blessing and what an experience it must have been Debbie. So happy for you. Congratulations on your work being published - that is a huge thing and will be a part of you forever!!! Enjoy your trip and the coffee - Stockholm is a lovely city!!! Stay safe and take it all in :-)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my! This really is such fantastic news - hope you enjoy both the launch and your exhibition! I visited Sweden when I was in my 20's and loved it! I can also imagine your excitement at seeing the Pope, although I am not a Catholic! Chrisx

Magic Love Crow said...

Like I wrote to you, I was thinking of you, when I saw this on tv! So happy, what a moment to have experienced! WOW!!
Now wait a minute, you are going to Stockholm??? I have to go read, I will be back! LOL!

Magic Love Crow said...

Remember, that dream Deb? And, I said something amazing and wonderful was going to happen! Wow! I know someone famous!! I am so excited! You are going to be in the book? Would love to buy one and have you sign it, please? Let me know ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...

When are you leaving?? I love your roses!!!