Tuesday, September 15, 2015

T Stands For Tuesday

Hi Everyone! It's Tuesday and time to link up with Elizabeth and see what the rest of the T Tuesday gang are up to. There have been a lot of ups and downs here lately, but I am doing my best to separate myself from the drama and just be in the moment happy.
It has cooled off significantly here, but I am showing the cold brewed tea I was drinking last week when we had yet another wave (I hope the last!) of high temps and humidity. When we go walking every morning it is nice and cool, and the leaves are beginning to decorate the path with splotches of red and gold. I've been doing some beading....
Even though Lily of the Valley are Spring flower, they are quick and among my favorites to make.  I am working on a ring of roses and have some Autumn ideas in mind, too.

I am now able to share my upcoming vacation plans to Stockholm! Here is a link to the main reason for my visit. Ragnar has been commissioning beaded flowers from me since early 2012, some of which (along with other beaded flower artists he has collected) will be in this exhibition.  He visited New York City in December of 2013, and the three of us went down to meet him. He told me about his very extensive collection of vintage and contemporary beaded flowers and his interest in the history of the art.  At the time I thought I was meeting a buyer that I "knew" through Etsy, but the day turned into a blur when he told me he was planning an exhibition and a book that he wanted me to be a part of. A few days after that meeting, he and a friend who arrived to join him from Sweden traveled up to our home for a wonderful afternoon and lunch. He has worked tirelessly to bring his dream of an exhibit and book to reality, and it is going to be a real pleasure to share his moment with him!

Now, as if that was not excitement enough....Dennis & I are 99.9999% sure we will be able to attend the Mass at Madison Square Garden that will be celebrated by Pope Francis when he visits NY in a little over a week. We are just waiting for the actual paper tickets to arrive at our Parish.

So it is no wonder I have had little time for art lately! Oh, the sewing machine has been out, but clothing alterations has been its focus! 

Thanks for visiting! I'm looking forward to what everyone is up to this week!


18 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

WOWEE you ARE full of wonderful and exciting news Debbie!
SO very happy for you about your trip to Sweden and being in a book and an exhibit with your beautiful beadwork...oh my.
Those lily of the valley are stunning.

Hope you get those tickets to see Pope Francis which will be very special I am sure. Turns out we will be away at the beach when he comes to Wash DC.

Lots of pinch me moments for you and Dennis!
Enjoy * Enjoy and Happy T Day.
oxo

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like a lot is going on just now. What a wonderful chance for you to visit a map of Pope Francis, he is a man I admire very much. Congrats on the Stockholm adventure, too, sounds like a dream! look after yourself, happy T day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen Susi said...

WOW..fantastic news! Enjoy all that!
Love this wonderful beading artwork you do!
oxo
Happy T-Day!
Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

Such excitement! I'm so happy for you that you are going to be participating in all this! :)

Linda Kunsman said...

wow Debbie what wonderful exciting news!!! Your bead work is exquisite and I adore the lily of the valley blooms-so no surprise about your work being shown not just in a special exhibit but also a book! and that you get to go to Sweden-oh my-and then the added blessing of attending such a very special mass. Well, the universe sure ahs been working with you:) Congrats on all counts and a happy T day!

Rita said...

I hope the other drama subsides. All your exciting news should make it easier to ignore. You do so deserve this!! Congrats!! And Happy T-Day! :)

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Wowowowowow So glad I came in on this post. Congratulations on the book and exhibit. You certainly deserve the lime light. Even if it is a bit. How long have we known each other??? Many years and I have loved your art from the very beginning. I am so happy for you. Speaking of tea my friend and her daughter bought the English Tea House here in Florence, A lovely place with teas from around the world. You would love it.
So happy for you. Hugs
Nicole/Beadwright

Halle said...

How wonderful that you have a trip in the future!

jinxxxygirl said...

Your beaded flowers are just gorgeous!! We've had a couple of nice cool days... but we are already warming back up ... looks like we will cool back down this coming weekend though... Bring on FALL i say! Happy Tday! Hugs! deb

Krisha said...

Congrats on everything Debbie!!
Your beading is well deserving of the honor.
I'm not Catholic, but I would attend the Mass to see and hear the Pope.

Happy T-day

Dianne said...

wow, congratulations on being chosen for an exhibition and published in a book! wonderful! enjoy the Pope's historic visit...I cannot imagine all of the security and logistics of the visit, but you will be seeing history made...let us know how it goes! happy T day!

Lorraine said...

fabulou flowers..well done for your recent achievements

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So I take it some of your beaded flowers are included in the show. Very impressive, and I read the article about how rare this art form had become. I'm really pleased for you.

How wonderful that you will probably get to see Pope Francis. My friend Joseph got to see the former pope before Benedict, Pope John Paul II in Denver, CO in the early 90s (I can't remember the exact year). It was very moving for him, a devout Catholic. So I'm sure it will be moving for you, too.

I really MUST try that cold brewed tea sometime. Thanks for sharing all this good news and your tea with us for T this Tuesday. BTW, I guess you read about Darla's home in the mountains. I saw video yesterday about the area.

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Congratulations big time Debbie. How exciting that your flowers are on that exhibition. I am so happy for your and hope you have a wonderful time. Stockholm is a lovely city.
And good luck with your trip to see the pope - I hope it meats your expectations and that you will enjoy it.
I am weak for Lily of the valley, the smell and those little flowers. Simply adorable!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hope your bags are packed and you are ready to go to New York to see the pope. It won't be long now! Ok, maybe you don't have to pack a bag, but I hope you are ready to make the trip into the city.

The reason I'm writing is because I got your Africa Nat'l Geographic today, along with some wonderful cold brew tea. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I really want to leave So. America and jump to Africa right now, but I simply can't skip around like that any more. But believe me, Africa will be my next area I will study, and this magazine has really piqued my interest. Thanks again, dear.

Christine Bennett said...

So cool, hope you have fun!

Christine Bennett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Magic Love Crow said...

WOW!!!! I am happy dancing for you!!! Back to your other blog post! LOL!