Monday, August 24, 2015

T Stands For Tuesday

Hi Everyone! Life has been pretty busy around here, and I missed visiting with my Tea friends last week.  So what have I been up to? First  a custom order for a bride-to-be who wanted some roses to make a brooch bouquet.
They look a little plain, but she is going to add her brooches in the center of each flower.

I've been dreaming about a vacation....it has been several years since we have been away and I am ready! When my art starts looking like my dreams, it is time for action! Unfortunately, I cannot share my travel plans publicly just yet, but I can share my art....
I just completed this mermaid suncatcher. I always start with an original drawing that I use as a guide for the frame, and then start filling it in with beads. In some fashion, our vacations always take us over, on, or near water.

My latest Tea page may have you thinking we are going on a cruise, but that is incorrect. We are, however, going to be around a lot of water (and land) which has the old Frankie Ford song, "Sea Cruise", playing in my head and influencing my page.
In fact, the ladies in the tea cup towed by the teapot "ship" are swinging to the music!
Here are some ladies looking out the portholes, waiting for their turn in the tea cup.
Singing stars belting out those famous lyrics that get stuck in your head. And finally,
Some lace that made some nice waves.

Here is a link to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog where you will find the latest post from the T Stands For Tuesday gang! Thanks for stopping by!







19 comments:

TwinkleToes2day said...

The flowers look fabulous, the mermaid is gorgeous and your page is superb. So original! I really enjoy the planning of holidays as much as the trip itself. Besides, the planning is more relaxing than my holidays that's for sure, lol. Happy T Day Debbie {hugs} :D

jinxxxygirl said...

Wow! I absolutely love that mermaid suncatcher. What a wonderful,clever idea! And the journal page is perfect! Love the ladies looking out the portholes. lol :) Happy happy Tday! Hugs! deb

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Those flowers and the mermaid are gorgeous. Your bead work is beyond belief. You make such lovely pieces.

Having a theme for your AB has really paid off, because this spread is truly gorgeous. The detail of the woman in the tea boat was only surpassed by the women looking out the port holes. This is a beauty.

A trip? Sounds to me like that means the start of another travel altered book (grin).

Thanks for sharing this wonderful tea inspired spread with us for T this Tuesday.

Linda Kunsman said...

gorgeous flowers, and that mermaid-oh my-she is to die for-really fabulous!! Love your journal spread and play on the words of that song-clever. There really is nothing like being by the water is there? Enjoy your upcoming vacation, whenever it may be. Happy T day!

Krisha said...

Your beading always amazes me, these are such pretty flowers and that mermaid is just darling.

LOVE the tea journaling.......vacation huh? Well, where ever you end up I do hope you have a fantastic time......don't forget to take picture for us..... ;)

Happy T-Day

Karla B said...

Your journal page is gorgeous and your mermaid is pure delight!Enjoy yourself in your next vacation and relax too.Happy T-Day

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful work, love the beading, and the mermaid and those wonderful journal pages. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Viktoria Berg said...

What a gorgeous mermaid! I hope your trip will be as wonderful as your dreams. Happy T-Day!

Lisca Meijer said...

Hmmm you got us guessing now! I hope you trip will be the trip of your dreams.
I love that mermaid.... and the flowers are gorgeous!
Happy Tuesday,
Lisca#10

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Fab flowers -- and I adore the mermaid! The spread is wonderful as well!
Happy vacation! Enjoy!
oxo
Susi

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Such wonderful flowers for a bride!! And a beautiful suncatcher is just what we need going into autumn... Love your spread and the idea!! And how exciting with a holiday!!!! Good planning!!!!

~*~Patty S said...

Gorgeous beaded flowers Debbie that will be a lasting keepsake after the other flowers have faded.
You have me excited for your vacation.
Your altered book spread is oh so charming and sweet.
The girls in the tea cup ♥ being pulled by the teapot ♥ ...
so many wonderful touches!
Happy T Day oxo
p.s. wonderful mermaid too!!!

see you there! said...

I like the beaded flowers for the bride, what a clever idea.

As for your travels, it you trip is anywhere near as great as you journal pages it will be a terrific one. I'm quite curious now to see where you go and what you do. I too love being by (or in) the water.

Darla

Halle said...

I'll say it again...your beadwork is incredible!!
Happy T day!!

Dianne said...

oh my, a sea cruise with tea and art work and all of our tea friends, and a mermaid too...sounds so fun! Love what you've shared today ! happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

"plain"? lol Nope! Those are so lovely, and I can picture them in a bridal bouquet.

I'm singing along with your tea cup ladies and dreaming of becoming a mermaid. Fun :)

Rita said...

What an original idea for a bridal bouquet!
Now I have that song in my head--LOL
Happy T-Day! :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ooee! I love your journal pages! Sounds as though you may be getting just a little excited! I bet your mermaid sends some lovely colours around the room to get you in the holiday mood too! Wherever you go enjoy yourself! Happy T day! Chrisx

Magic Love Crow said...

Brooches in the flowers, that will be pretty! Mermaid sun catcher, very cute! Love the tea cruise pages! LOL!