Monday, August 10, 2015

T Stands For Tuesday

Hi Everyone! Well, I am here again, finally! Where does the time go?  I have not had much time for crafting, but I have had some time to whittle down some supplies that are no longer going to be used.  I have a lot of well-meaning friends and neighbors who over the years have given me tons of supplies that their relatives have owned or they have moved on from themselves.  I took it all gladly at the time; however, as time marches on and I see what I have not used, I have begun to take the attitude that if I have not used it by now, it is time for it to go!  But on to my T Tuesday post:

I am able now to share the ATC that I received from Julia, all the way from England!
The ATC came tucking inside this awesome pear card! The teacup is a piece of chipboard (I think) and is dimensional in case you cannot tell!
She even decorated the back and commemorated T Tuesday's 2nd Anniversary in her awesome handwriting! Thank you so much, Julia, I love it!

My glass is way less than full right now, but not my attitude, I've just been drinking a lot of water. Speaking of water....
Look at my avocado growing! Thanks to Patty who gave me a tip to put it in a bigger jar, the roots are growing as well as the top!  I can't bring myself to chop off the top as some directions suggest because it is doing so well.  I wonder if that seed case will ever break away completely?
And since you got a little peak...these are the cacti that I am growing from seeds--they are doing really well, too.

Thanks for stopping by! I'm linking up with Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday!



15 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Julia is SUCH a sweetie, isn't she. She's so thoughtful and kind. She sent me an ATC, too, although I failed to show it this week like I should have. Yes, I also think that cup is chipboard. And I've always loved Julia's handwriting, although she has written that British cursive is very plain compared to how we learned to write here in the US.

Your avocado is looking GREAT. Very impressive and the roots are strong, too. BTW, where do you buy cactus seed? Of course, I can't keep them alive when I buy mature ones, so I don't know why I asked!

Thanks for sharing your ATC, your growing plants, and your water with us for T this Tuesday.

Denise Price said...

Your plants are looking great!!!

What a sweet ATC and card that Julia sent you. Perfect for T Day. :)

jinxxxygirl said...

Just love the card and ATC you received. So cute! And look at that avocado go! Woohoo!! Growing cactus from seeds wow! I might have to try that... sound like it would be interesting to witness.... Happy happy Tday! Hugs! deb

Karla B said...

What a lovely ATC you got!Your avocado is so beautiful!Isn't it wonderful to witness a plant growing?Love it!Happy Tday!

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice card and Atc that you got! Love the little plants, and congrats on getting the avocado to grow! Hugs, Valerie

Bridget Larsen said...

I hear ya about not saying no to craft stuff that is being thrown away mainly because we know it costs so much and yes I am like you and have to cull soon. That avocado is growing really well, I have never seen it at that stage. You know its takes 7 years before it will fruit, get it in the ground quick lol

~*~Patty S said...

Such lovely art mail you received!!!Your avocado is doing GREAT!
I would NOT cut it. It does look like it might be ready to go into some dirt? Fun to see those healthy roots spreading in the water tho :-)
Happy T Day to you and your green thumb Debbie ♥
oxo

Divers and Sundry said...

What a great commemorative card!

Your plants are looking so good. I can't imagine growing cacti from seed. My hat's off to you :)

see you there! said...

The ATC and card you received must have delighted you. They are great. I need to clear out some supplies as well. Ok, the truth is I need to USE some of my supplies. My creative time and my creative mojo have both seemed to disappear this summer.

Glad to see your plants are coming along nicely.

Darla

Halle said...

Cacti from seeds! Wow...nice! I've tried to root an avocado pit a couple times without any luck. Yours looks great!

Lisca Meijer said...

Aren't those lovely ATCs!
Interesting to see the avocado. I didn't know you could do tat. Neither did I know one could grow cacti from seed. There you are! One is never too old to learn!,
Have a great week,
Lisca

Rita said...

Nice happy mail!
I've never tried to grow an avocado so I'm no help. But I am very impressed with your cactus from seed!!
Happy T-Day! :)

Dianne said...

Isn't it delightful to get real mail!? lovely ATC & card...and terrific to see your avocado is growing!! I am impressed that you got cactus to grow from seeds...happy T day!

Krisha said...

Beautiful ATC from Julia....lucky you.

Yes I will miss those two girls and trying to find things for them to make......I'll be on Pinterest less now......LOL

Thanks for stopping by for T and for the comment, hope my blog doesn't seem too boring now...LOL

Magic Love Crow said...

What a beautiful atc and card from your friend! I love them both! I never thought of growing an avocado! We love them and eat them all the time! You have gave me an idea Deb! Thank you! Your little cacti are so cute! Big Hugs ;o)