Tuesday, July 21, 2015

T Stands For Tuesday-2nd Anniversary!

Hi Everyone! On this particular Tuesday, we are celebrating the 2nd anniversary of T Stands For Tuesday. It is the perfect time to thank our hostess, Elizabeth, for the work and hours it takes putting together and keeping together this group. She visits everyone, every week and always leaves such generous and supportive comments. So, thanks Elizabeth, you really keep the fun going!

Today my Tea art is all about the teapot! I found the quote on Pinterest with no idea of who the author is. 
The background was done with gelatos before I had any idea what I was going to do on the page.  I've been wanting to try texture paste and found some wall patch paste we had in the house, so I gave it a go.  Smooshed it through punchinella and am happy to say it dried nicely, and does not rub off! Yes, you will see more of this!
I was not sure if I would be able to write over the gelatos--they always feel a little waxy to me even after they are dry.  I need more practice with them, that's for sure. I decided it was more interesting to write on the teapots anyway, but was pleasantly surprised to find I could write on the background, so I added some steamy swirls.
"Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comfort of solitude and the pleasure of company" I even managed to find a couple of postage stamps that had teapot images so I'm also linking up to Art Journal Journey!

Thanks for visiting!


18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal pages, and great that you are joining us at Art Journal Journey, too! Love he background, the colours are gorgeous. Hugs, Valerie

Halle said...

Great journal pages!
Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like how you were able to include so many different types of teapots. I feel cozy just seeing a teapot, and that quote hits the nail on the head :)

Linda Kunsman said...

Love your beautiful tea page-and the gelatos and texture are fab! Happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never even SEEN a gelato, so I feel so "old school." Wall patching plaster/paste is a fantastic idea for texture thru punchinella. Wouldn't have even considered it, but once you said it, I was slapping my head with a "why didn't I think of that" moment. Maybe I even knocked some sense into it, too (grin).

Golly I like this two page spread you created and the tea pots you found are superb. Even the postage stamps are clever. And the wonderful sentiment is simply perfect and true. Thanks for sharing this spread with us for T this Tuesday.

Karla B said...

Love your pages but I don't know what a gelato is. I have a board at Pinterest just with teapots and cups. I confess I am crazy about them.

Carol said...

Lovely journal spread ♥ Thanks so much for sharing it. Love the quote too :)

Dianne said...

Lovely art work for T day friends and a happy anniversary! love the texture paste and the tea pots! happy T day!

~*~Patty S said...

There is something about tea pots that always speaks to me.
Your pages turned out great Debbie with lovely colors and textures.
Happy T Day and here's to many more oxo

Linda Kunsman said...

I wasn't able to email you-probably because of something on my end-so if you would send me an email I can send you my snail mail addy:) neenfrance(at)yahoo(dot)com

froebelsternchen Susi said...

WHAT A FABULOUS SPREAD! I love your teapot pages and wish you a happy T-Day! Just great that you also linked to Art Journal Journey! Fab!
Welcome to the group there!
xxx
Susi

pearshapedcrafting said...

Brilliant pages - even though I don't drink tea I do love teapots! Happy T day! Chrisx

Julia Dunnit said...

You are so right about teapots...they are with us through thick and thin aren't they! Love your pages, the gelato colours are wonderful.
I am the one to be PIFing in your direction, so 8'd very much like your snail mail addy... budds43@gmail.com is the best way to get to me!

see you there! said...

Once again your tea pages are terrific and I have a little envy about your having a whole journal full of them. I don't think I've ever seen a tea pot on a postage stamp. Perfect!

Darla

Deborah Weber said...

LOL - I'm seriously in the art supplies dark ages. I only know gelatos as delicious summertime treats. But what lovely pages you've created.

Ariel said...

Lovely collage! The background texture is gorgeous.
Happy T day
Susan

My name is Erika. said...

Love all the teapots and cups! A favorite subject of mine, and you really did that subject justice. Great page.

Magic Love Crow said...

Turned out brilliant Deb! Love these two pages!