Tuesday, July 14, 2015

T Stands For Trying to Survive Humidity

Hi Everyone! Well, I was almost back to normal after my sinus troubles last week, and now the weather is set to change once again!  Changes in humidity really seem to take a toll on my energy level, too, so not much art has been going on here. With my daughter back home again, my day starts at 6:30 am (not used to that) when I drive her to the train station for her commute to NYC for work. Back home and time for breakfast:

There will be milk in my tea as soon as it brews!  I do have one on-going fun project that I found on Pinterest....
Growing celery has been all over Pinterest for some time now.  I like to see things growing so thought I would try it. It was pretty simple....Cut the bottom from a whole celery  and put it in some water for 4 or 5 days, plant and water. The new plant grows from the center. Mine is shown after about two weeks, so it grows pretty fast once it is planted. It will be fun to see if I actually get an edible celery stalk. I'll keep you updated.

The only art I've done recently besides my pieces for SOC is this Allium arrangement:
Hope you all have a great day! It's Tuesday, and I am linking up with Altered Book Lover for T Stands For Tuesday. Thanks for stopping by!





17 comments:

see you there! said...

The celery makes a pretty houseplant even if you don't get the edible stalk you are thinking about.

Your latest beaded project is beautiful

Darla

Carol said...

Your celery is looking really good!!! Love the beaded arrangement!!! You have such great talent with the beads ♥♥

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the idea of growing celery, must try that. Your beading is beautiful, as always. Hope you are soon feeling better! Hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

Your celery is so pretty! This sounds like just the project for me. Thx for the directions :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I swear I'm going to have to try that. I've only used the end to make art with before (stamping a cabbage rose during SOC last year), so I'm going to try this. It sounds like fun and I love quick and easy projects, too.

I hope your sinuses don't act up too much longer. Both Sally and I have had sinus problems, and she is using a doctor's prescription to help aid hers.

As always, I am SO impressed with your beading work. These are gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing your tea, latest bead work, and your new celery plant with us for T this Tuesday. Most impressive post.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Gorgeous beading and wow.. what a cool idea for celery!
Happy T-Day!
xxx
Susi

Viktoria Berg said...

I feel for you: early mornings and such severe weather! Very kind of you to run your daughter to her train, I think. Love a houseplant that is also edible! Happy T-Day!

jinxxxygirl said...

Well look at that celery go!!! I hope you keep us updated on it.... this is veeeeryyy interesting..lol :) Your beaded flowers are just amazing . I cannot imagine the patience it takes to make them. Happy happy Tday! Hugs! deb

Lorraine said...

love the beading

~*~Patty S said...

Your new schedule sounds like it will take some getting used to and maybe a wee nap is in order too.
Sinus problems are no fun at all.
I tried putting some romaine ends in water and they sprouted new leaves so quickly but tasted it a little bitter. Maybe if I had taken the next step like you did planting your healthy plant in dirt it would have worked better.
Lovely beading as always dear Debbie!
Happy T Day oxo

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Just amazing that you actually made those lovely flowers given the weather and your new schedule!!! You are so kind to your daughter!!!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your beaded aliums! I might have a go with the celery! I certainly don't envy you your early mornings - hope you get to enjoy a lie in at weekends! Happy T day! Chrisx

TwinkleToes2day said...

Best of luck with the celery growing, but personally I think celery tastes disgusting! Lol
Your beaded alliums are stunning I hope you had a Happy T Day :D

Halle said...

I've seen that on Pinterest as well. Good to know it works! Lovely bead work again...it amazes me.
Happy T day...a day late!

Dianne said...

growing celery...that's a new one for me but looks like fun. I must say I prefer your lovely beaded plants though! happy T day very late!

Krisha said...

Growing celery.....interesting! I'll have the GDs give that a try...good "Camp Grandma" project....thanks for sharing it. Yes, we do LOVE our Pinterest.....LOL

Your beading always amazes me, it is so beautiful.

Thanks for the comment and the visit this week.

Magic Love Crow said...

Celery! Cool!!! Love the beaded flowers!! Gorgeous!