Friday, July 17, 2015

SOC 2015 Week 6

Hi Everyone! It is hard to believe that we are already on the last week of SOC! I really enjoyed the twist this year of using two shades of one color and one of another.  This week, it was orange+orange+blue. I made another ATC....
Instead of using paint for the background, I looked through all my craft storage and found a remnant of paper twist. It was perfect for adding a little texture. The other elements came from a die cut booklet of flowers and bugs, and since the orange flower had a yellow center, I replaced it with a blue rose. I think the quote by Edna St. Vincent Millay sums up my feeling about creating art in general!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a happy creative weekend!


14 comments:

Wanda said...

JOY is such a special word. I like your quote and it was perfect with your page. Creating paintings brings me JOY...my dearest brings me JOY, my grandchildren (all 12) bring me JOY. And today You have added some JOY. Thank you.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I actually like YOUR quote better than mine this week. And of course, I like this ATC you created for the final SOC. I haven't used paper twist since FOREVER, and didn't even think about it. I sure like what you did, though. Texture abounds, as does color.

Susan Carol said...

Great quote and lovely piece. Good idea to raid the stash, its perfect for this week.

Valerie-Jael said...

A wonderful piece, and I love the quote you used. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

So bright and colorful - and I think a little glitter is what we all need!!! Love your quote too!!

~*~Patty S said...

That is a great quote Debbie.
Nice idea for your textured background and those colors work so well together on your lovely ATC. Seems everyone has had a great time with SOC. It has been fun to see.
Happy beginning of the weekend to you.
oxo

Linda Kunsman said...

joy...my favorite word , and you have expressed it beautifully with this ATC!

Valerie said...

Although orange is absolutely not my favorite color, I LOVE your SOC-entry ;-)

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Fabulous take on the colors Debbie!

Kristin said...

Thank you! xo

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love your quote so much, and your work of art this week is fabulous, Debbie! It has been a pleasure following you through the SOC this year and I hope to see you again next year! Hugs, Sharon

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous ATC

Caz said...

This is so adorable :-)

Magic Love Crow said...

Bright and beautiful! Love this Deb!