Monday, June 15, 2015

T Stands For Tuesday

Hi Everyone! It's time again to share what we've been up to with Elizabeth and the rest of the T Tuesday gang.

I'll start off with showing the newest spread in my tea journal:
The quote brought to mind a Disney Amusement Park ride called Peter Pan, where the "cars" that transport you though the ride are pirate ships suspended on wires. 
I already had this cruise ship scrapbooking element in my stash, so I decided to hang it from a crescent moon.  I free-form cut the buildings on the bottom and may add some lighted windows here and there. I couldn't decide by the time of this post.
The quote reads, "Each cup of Tea represents an imaginary voyage". I cut the word "tea" from a tea bag in keeping with my theme of trying to use a tea bag, tag or packet on each page.

Sunday was a long, hot, tiring day.  We drove to Brooklyn (NY) to help our daughter pack up and move out of her apartment. You may remember she took over a friend's lease when they moved out which ends at the end of this month.  Her boyfriend drove a rental truck while I drove our van. Both were loaded full with belongings carried down two flights of stairs.  Next it was on to Astoria (Queens, NY) by congested highways where our daughter had rented a storage unit to store things she would not need until the next apartment. After returning the truck we parked and walked to a German Restaurant that our daughter and boyfriend had been to before.  It was a very small place and packed this Sunday, so I will direct you to the link because it was too awkward to try and take photos.

I had a beer and cheese bratwurst on a pretzel bun topped with German sauerkraut and caramelized onions. It was absolutely delicious! After the day spent sweating, we all drank two huge glasses of ice water. Each couple shared an apple strudel for dessert which was served warm with vanilla sauce.  It is a good thing we had to walk back to the car before spending at least 2 hours getting home.  

Elizabeth asked our opinion of when her post should go live....Well, I will say whatever works best for her. I do my best to link up every week, but sometimes life just gets in the way. The fault lies with me not when the post goes up. I just need to plan ahead.  Thank you, E, as always for organizing T Tuesday and for always visiting with such supportive comments.

17 comments:

TwinkleToes2day said...

I love your journal spread Debbie; you came up with a very clever idea with it and the quote is so cleverly put together with the Twinings label piece. Your dark city is amazing and will be just right, with or without lights. Happy T Day {{Hugs}} xo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Isn't it wonderful that you chose a theme for your AB? And you were worried that you wouldn't have enough ideas to fill it. But I can see this latest spread shows not only how gifted you are, but how much you put into each page you create. This is nothing like any page you have created in this AB before, but I assure you, it showed how clever you are. I'm truly, truly impressed.

Glad DD has moved home. I know you were dreading the move (as well as the traffic, the parking, and the stairs). I've been places I've felt ill at ease taking photos, but when I'm with others, I try to capture the table, the ambiance, and the people who I shared food and drink with. I'm too self-conscious when dining alone.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful AB spread with us for T this week. I appreciate your taking time to share your opinion about posting, too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Just visited Max's, the link you provided. Do you think if I ordered online, they would deliver (GRIN)?

Viktoria Berg said...

A tea journal and a bratwurst fest - I can not decide what idea I like better!

I am new to T Tuesday, and amazed at all the creativity I am finding. Love your spread with the moon and the boat - I find it very romantic.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the new pages in your journal. Well, here we get Bratwurst on every corner, but I still like sausage and Sauerkraut very much! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Gorgeous pages ! Beautiful quote!
And warm apple strudel with warm vanilla sauce is my favourite as well...
oxo
HAPPY T DAY!

Susi

~*~Patty S said...

Your journal pages look great Debbie.
Love the whimsy feel of the ship swinging from the moon and the quote fits perfectly too.
Max' looks like the real deal and you all worked so hard you needed a nice tasty break! Moving is hard work.
Take care
and
Happy T Day
oxo

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

I love that the ship is swinging from the moon - that makes the spread eye catching!!! Good you enjoyed a nice meal - well deserved!!!

Halle said...

I'm in love with this page! Very clever!
Happy T day!!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like that picture of the moon :)

We only have one German restaurant here, and I've never been. The patio seating at the place you went looks as fun as the tables inside.

Linda Kunsman said...

Such a fun and whimsical page Debbie! Moving is hard work-so it was nice to have that dinner treat after. Our son is moving back home next month temporarily(still looking for work:( Some things will be stored at my Mom's so he won't need to rent storage space. Good thing is he's good about having to share "my art room". Happy T day!

Dianne said...

wow, sounds like a busy moving day...but ending up with wonderful food. In our case it seems we are never too old to help one of our kids move! Wonderful journal pages too! love the journaling...

see you there! said...

Great pages in the tea journal and clever that you cut a snippet to be sure to include a tea bag.

Moving, I don't envy you!

Darla

jinxxxygirl said...

Running late this week...oh my..... ! Aaaahh a German restaurant... i haven't been to one in quite some time.. We spent three years in Germany with the military.. about 20 years ago and my how i miss the food! We have sampled some German food here in the states but its just not as good ya know....

I'm sure your daughter was happy to have all the help!! Happy Belated Tday!! Hugs! deb

Carol said...

Great journal pages and you weekend sounds like it was very busy and tiring. I am very late this week as my granddaughters are visiting and they are keeping me very busy :)

Krisha said...

Hi Debbie, sorry I am so late in returning your T visit, thank you for the lovely comments.

I LOVE the Tea journal pages and the sentiment is just perfect for T-day.

Glad to hear the move went ok.

Magic Love Crow said...

I am hungry for what you ate! So yummy! What a busy day you had! Again, I am in love with your journal pages. When I start creating mine, maybe I will share with everyone ;o)