Friday, June 19, 2015

SOC Week 2

Hi Everyone! This week for SOC we are playing with two pinks and an orange. That combination always reminds me of sherbert! I had something totally different in mind, but this NY heat and (especially) humidity prevented my piece from drying in time for me to finish it. I'll have to save it for the next appropriate color combination. 
I used an orange Spectrum Noir alcohol marker for the background of this art card.  The dark and light pink washi tape allowed some of the orange color to show through which inspired me to stamp the flamingo (in dark pink) on some velum. I lightly colored the reverse side and rough cut it out so again, the orange would show through. The flowers were hand drawn and cut from paint chips.  I almost have a theme going here with this quote and the last one being self inspirational.

Thanks for visiting! Have a happy creative weekend everyone!

19 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have never seen those markers, but I hear they are saturated with color. You put a LOT into this tiny work of art. Your flowers are adorable, and I can't believe you hand cut them. I would have suspected a punch. Of course, pink and flamingos certainly go together. And yours is adorable.

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Great colors - and that qoute is just perfect!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgeous piece, love those colours, and yes, they do remind of sherbert! Hugs, Valerie

Denise Price said...

Your flamingo is perfect for summer, and I love the quote!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love your sentiment so much!!! And your work of art is amazing!!! I love your flamingo and the way you used this week's colors! HUGS!

Kristin said...

xo

Valerie said...

I love the quote on your nice card!

helena said...

great quote for a lovely pink flamingo

Krisha said...

OMGosh, I was laughing so hard when I read your quote!! FANTSTIC!!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving the girls and me lovely comments. They are really into SOC and are loving it.

Linda Kunsman said...

a perfect summer theme for these colors!

ULKAU said...

...here I see your pretty flamingo... Ulrike

Kristin Dudish said...

Your flamingo is the perfect choice for this color combination (and the quote is great)!

Diane Baker-Williams said...

I understand about the heat and humidity! This is the perfect for the colors this week. and the quote - outstanding and funny!

Caz said...

I love flamingos and i love this :-)

johanna said...

i LOVE this Quote!

see you there! said...

I like the colors, the quote and the use of the flamingo stamp. It all came together perfectly.

Darla

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

send some heat here please, its been so grey and rainy :/

very nice card and another flamingo :)

Neena said...

A bright and cheerful card for the week's SOC. I like the way you wrote "flamingo" along the neck of the bird.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love this quote and I love how you created this card!!! I am a Flamingo ;o) Or a pink crow! LOL! Hugs ;o)