Friday, June 12, 2015

SOC- Week 1

Hi Everyone! I'm participating in SOC, and the color theme for this week is Blue, Blue, Green! If you aren't familiar with with this challenge, click on the button in my sidebar for more info.

Our host, Kristin, is doing things a little bit different this year. It has always been a color challenge (duh, SOC, Summer of Color), but this year instead of requiring we create with a specific shade of color,  we can use any shade we want.

I created a very simple art card, done in watercolor, of a sea turtle.
I used aqua blue for the background to which I added some kosher salt while it was still wet. I removed it a little too quickly--before it dried--but I still like the texture it gave.  The shell is a deeper marine blue that I decorated with pigma pen, and the turtle is bright spring green.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy weekend everyone!

19 comments:

Christine said...

Very cute piece!

Miriam said...

Oh! so lovely! Visiting from The Summer of Colour 5

Linda Kunsman said...

how sweet-and I love the sentiment!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your happy turtle is adorable! Hugs, Valerie

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your turtle is absolutely adorable! And I really love the sentiment, too!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

What a fun, beautiful tortoise!

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

So beautiful Debbie!! The colors shines and I love the way the salt textured the card. That quote is so true!!!

Linda said...

Adorable. Love it.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Great take on the colors!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

For one who is always worried that other's won't like her shell...this was meaningful. Very meaningful.

TwinkleToes2day said...

Fabulous turtle Debbie. I know real turtles are blue/green but the colours are perfect for it! :D

Vicki Boster said...

Ohhhh I love turtles ..... Love this happy, pretty little card:)
Xoxoxo
Vicki

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Not sure how I got so far behind, but your first SOC entry is darling and SO YOU. I had no idea you were playing in SOC until I saw this on my sidebar.

These colors seem to conjure up thoughts of the sea, don't they? I am super impressed with your drawing skills, so really enjoyed this little beauty.

Kristin said...

xo

Rolina said...

I love it!

~*~Patty S said...

Very fine use of those beautiful colors Debbie!
Your turtle is wonderful and your sea salt background is just perfect too :-)
oxo

Caz said...

awww he is so sweet :-)

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

cute :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Yes, we should be all at ease in our own shell ;o) Very cute!