Thursday, June 25, 2015

SOC 2015 Week 3

Hi Everyone! This week we are using my favorite color, purple! One would think that it would be very easy for me to design something using two purples with one yellow....but I really struggled. When all else fails...
there is always beading and Butterflies! I strung a random mix of two purples, one opaque (which looks almost blue on my laptop), and one darker transparent.  I used some light lemony yellow cut tubes as wing borders.
Doesn't it look nice in my Christmas Cactus? 

One morning when I was in that dream state of not really asleep or awake, a new design for Butterfly bodies and antennae popped into my mind.  I thought of a way to make it all on one wire which made it sturdier and more secure.  What a bonus SOC has been for me this week!

Thanks for stopping by.  You can visit our host's blog, Twinkle, Twinkle SOC and see what everyone else has come up with.



23 comments:

sue :) said...

Love your beaded butterfly, it's very sweet. x

Kelly Deal said...

gorgeous butterfly!

GlorV1 said...

Oh I love your butterfly. Excellent work. Great use of the colors.:)

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sweetie! Great piece for SOC. Hugs, Valerie

Susan Carol said...

Sweet beaded butterfly!

BJ said...

It's beautiful, BJ

Linda Kunsman said...

really beautiful Debbie - I love seeing your fabulous bead art!!

Rolina said...

Such a wonderful piece!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

When all else fails, beads work perfectly. You did an excellent job making the butterfly. The three colors worked perfectly together and you didn't get mud, either. I'm glad you found the best way to overcome your challenge worries. And you did an exceptionally good job meeting this challenge head on. It really DOES look good on your Christmas cactus.

mandysea said...

That's really amazing and intricate work... and works a treat!

Sharon Fritchman said...

So happy that SOC could be a bonus for you! YAY! I absolutely love your gorgeous beading! This butterfly using this week's SOC colors is amazing. I am in awe of your talent and am so happy that you shared it with us! HUGS!

ULKAU said...

Great idea for this soc! Ulrike

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely gorgeous butterfly!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Krisha said...

Perfect!! I always enjoy seeing your beading projects, you do such a great job. Hannah LOVED your comment last week....thank you!

Valerie said...

Something totally different from the other SOC-entries.
Very beautiful!

helena said...

beautiful - love the mix of beads in the wings - makes me want to dust off my bead stash

Kristin said...

xo

Denise Price said...

Your butterfly design looks great! Good job with this week's colors.

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

that is so pretty!

Lorraine said...

Your butterfly is gorgeous and looks quite at home on the Christmas Cactus. Wonderfully done!

LonettA said...

What a fine idea! Your butterfly is wonderful!

Magic Love Crow said...

So very pretty!!! It's magical!

Caz said...

I love your beady butterfly! What a fun idea!