Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I needed some bling

Hi Everyone! I decided to make myself some jewelry to wear to a graduation (family) party this weekend.  Usually I match the jewelry to my outfit, but since I haven't decided what I am wearing yet, I went with my favorite color (purple) and some components that I fell in love with and have had in my stash for way too long!
I had purchased these channel components, called Katiedids, so long ago I forgot I had them. Has that ever happened to you?  Anyway, while organizing I came upon them and found this earring on the designers blog.
I used the straight channel component to make a matching pendant. Both of these pieces were inspired by:
The connectors in this bracelet. Horrible photo, I know. I tried twice, but with all the sparkle, it was so hard to photograph. The green beads do match the green leaves in the connectors, and I used the same purple crystals to link all the connectors together.
Here is everything all together! I always try to wear something new and fun at our family parties--I think the women at least look for what is new on me.  It is not unusual for me to whip off what I've made and give it away to one of the admirers, but I think I will be keeping this set for myself!

Thanks for stopping by!




6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

BIG WOW!!! Love it! You will loo very elegant. I often find surprises in my stash, too! Hugs, Valerie

~*~Patty S said...

OH how lovely Debbie!
I like the way you just sat down and made yourself some beautiful new jewelry pieces.
I have lots of ingredients for it but no real skills in doing it...you make me want to play.
Finding forgotten treasures is definitely a bonus of clearing out...I can get so distracted by all of the good "stuff" I come across LOL.
That said I need to get back to bringing some order around here.
oxo

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Sooo beautiful!! Of course you should have a lot of bling!!! You will shine!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Debbie, this set is really so YOU. I love the bling, I love the set, and I love that I learned you are a trend setter. Keep it up, and keep those pieces. They will go with many, many outfits!

see you there! said...

How creative you are to be able to make yourself some new jewelry for a special occasion. I'm impressed!

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

For sure keep this set!! So beautiful Deb!! Really love it!!!