Tuesday, May 26, 2015

T Stands For Tea Journal Art

Hi Everyone! Our daughter's graduation was a wonderful day, beginning with meeting her at her job so we could see where she spends her day and ending with dinner at a local restaurant. Of course, along the way there were many photos
Here she is in cap, gown, & hood (the colorful piece hanging down the back) looking towards the Empire State Building.  We took most of our photos prior to the actual ceremony since she had to turn in the gown & hood right after the graduation. It was sort of surreal to be sitting in the Theater at Madison Square Garden (a venue that is more associated with sporting events and concerts than graduations), remembering the last time we were there about 15 years ago to see a production of A Christmas Carol! Who thought we would be there for graduation?

Now that things have quieted down, LOL, I have had more time to enjoy some crafting....
Here is the latest page in my tea journal--close ups coming, but I wanted to show two WIPs and that my desk is definitely filled with craft projects again now!
This is the more interesting page that contains the tea quote I found.  I thought it would be fun to add the pictures to illustrate each thought.  I actually did the accompanying page first which is basically just a piece
of scrapbook paper I had that I added gem fasteners to.  I later added the washi tape to both pages to try to tie them together.

Thanks for visiting! I am linking to our Tuesday host, Altered Book Lover, and once again thank Elizabeth for all her efforts in running our group.






12 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Debbie, how wonderful for your daughter. My hood was not nearly as colorful as hers. I also had to turn in my cap, and was only allowed to keep my tassel (which I paid for, of course). I didn't get a hood with my Master's Degree, even though the program was terminal.

These are lovely tea related pages. I especially like the words and images from the left side. They are fantastic. Glad you found a way to renew your interest in this wonderful book.

Thanks for sharing your daughter's graduation AND your tea pages with us for T this Tuesday.

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

How wonderful to celebrate graduation like that. We do not have anything like that here. Too bad!!!! Love your tea pages - and creative to have found new joy in the work!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

How wonderful that your little girl has graduated, and you have lovely photos to cherish. You can be really proud of her. Your tea journal is lovely, too, great idea! Hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

Congratulations to your daughter! What an exciting time for your family :)

Dianne said...

lovely journal pages! and especially congrats on your daughter's graduation!! a proud moment...and perhaps a secret sigh of relief (if I remember correctly how I felt :) wonderful post. enjoy your week!

TwinkleToes2day said...

Your tea page is fabulous and that quote superb!! Congratulations to you and your daughter on her graduation. What a special day that is. Happy Happy T Day :o)

laurie said...

what a beautiful cerebration!!! So unique!

your tea pages are beautiful too!

~*~Patty S said...

What a wonderful and momentous occasion to celebrate your daughter's graduation and in such an amazing place too.
Congratulations to all the family!
Your handwriting looks great Debbie and that quote is full of wisdom.
I used to have some of that pretty scrapbook paper, in fact I bet I still have some kicking around here.
I can be such a paper hound ;-)
Happy T Day
oxo

Denise Price said...

Wow, graduating at Madison Square Garden = EPIC! Congratulations to your daughter and Happy T Day to you. :)

jinxxxygirl said...

Congratulations to your daughter. You sound so proud...Love your art journal page! Hugs! deb

see you there! said...

Seeing your daughter graduate must have made you proud. Congratulations all around.

I continue to think you tea journal is such a great idea for these T Tuesdays. It is fun to see the new pages you come up with.

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

Love that pic of your daughter Deb! Funny how everything turns out! Your book is amazing! Love!!!