Tuesday, May 12, 2015

T Stands For Busy Busy!

Hi everyone! The weeks just fly by and it has been hard to balance what I want to do with what I have to do. I really have not had anything interesting to share with Altered Book Lover's tea group since most of my time has been spent off the computer lately.  I wish I could say it was doing art.....

Some of my time has gone to cleaning up the yard with DH....last year we decided to replace all the dirt in our containers but erroneously bought "top soil" rather than garden soil. It wound up have an oily smell to it, but worse than that, when it got wet and then dried, it turned hard as cement.  Needless to say, the seeds I planted didn't have a chance of popping through that!
A lot of iced tea was consumed with the changing of the dirt and planting of seeds as this area gets full sun most of the day.  Have you every tried "cold brewed" tea?  For a quick glass, it was not bad, and I was pleased that it actually has a strong brewed flavor.
Some of my time has been spent working on two more Hydrangeas, one of which you can see the parts of above.  Each grouping has 10 florets, and 5 groups make up a head.  This is part of a big project that I have been working on with a customer--the details of which I will be able to share in a few months.
Alas, my poor basil plant has about had it....I did use most of the leaves in the huge pot of pasta sauce I made, but it just has not come back from its jump into the sink after the window broke. (Which has also now been replaced) I had already planted some basil seeds, so I should still have basil come summer.

The rest of my time is being spent Spring cleaning and getting ready for the return of DD for at least the summer.  Her graduation ceremony (Graduate School) is May 20 and with one more month left on the lease of the apartment she is staying in, she has decided to move home again until a friend she wants to room with is ready--probably in a few months. 

Thanks for coming by! I'll visit everyone throughout the day when window washing becomes a drag!






17 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Morning Deb ;o) You sound like me! Gardening my butt off! LOL! I have done some painting, but haven't taken any pictures yet. I have been doing tones of Spring cleaning too! More than I have from past years! I feel so much lighter! LOL! Your clean up is looking good ;o) Sorry about the soil mix up! Never tried that tea. Looks good! The project you are working on is looking amazing! WOW! I have to get some basil plants for mom! Your daughter is coming home, nice ;o) I hope you had a great Mother's Day ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Linda Kunsman said...

I am so with you Deb about the planting etc. We did the same thing with top soil one year -never again. Unless it gets mixed with potting soil and peat. And poor basil-mine looks just like yours-also after plucking leaves for pasta...gorgeous beaded hydrangeas! Wishing you a happy T day(and no I have not tried a cold brewed tea).

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks like ou have been keeping very busy with a lot of hard work. Love those beaded hydrangeas! Hus, Valerie

voodoo vixen said...

Hi Deb, so glad I am not the only one that had been absent due to home duties calling on my time. A friend did the same mistake with topsoil one year and had the most interesting variety of weeds and things that grew... LOL Looking forward to seeing your hydrangea in its finished beauty very soon, Annette

see you there! said...

Sounds like you've been busy with the garden and spring cleaning. Glad you had a little time for beading those beautiful flowers.

Darla

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Debbie, I feel for you. I bought two bags of soil last year, not sure what it was, but none this year. I supplemented my soil with 50% compost, so had no problem. But what I was able to accomplish in one day last year took me two this year. Goes to show what happens when you are not up to par.

It was good to read your daughter is moving home for the summer. I bet you will be happy to have her nearby again.

I've never heard of cold brewed iced tea, but it certainly looks good, and this is a wonderful brand.

Those hydrangeas are simply stunning. I can only imagine all the time this project will take. I look forward to seeing the completed project.

Thanks for sharing your tea and your plantings with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Debbie, I feel for you. I bought two bags of soil last year, not sure what it was, but none this year. I supplemented my soil with 50% compost, so had no problem. But what I was able to accomplish in one day last year took me two this year. Goes to show what happens when you are not up to par.

It was good to read your daughter is moving home for the summer. I bet you will be happy to have her nearby again.

I've never heard of cold brewed iced tea, but it certainly looks good, and this is a wonderful brand.

Those hydrangeas are simply stunning. I can only imagine all the time this project will take. I look forward to seeing the completed project.

Thanks for sharing your tea and your plantings with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

Lorraine said...

i love gardening too and am forever buying plants at the supermarket..love the hydrangeas havent got blue ones but pink

Divers and Sundry said...

What a shame about the topsoil. :( I bought "moisture control" potting soil, only to find I'd made a big mistake there. It just doesn't drain well at all. It doesn't control moisture so much as hold onto it. Ah, well, another lesson learned for me lol.

Krisha said...

With water problems mounting here in CA, I have about got everything into pots to save them, so I feel your pain....LOL

I've also been "unplugged" and getting things done, but it is so good to reach out, at least on Tuesdays, to say hi.

Happy T-day

TwinkleToes2day said...

What a shame about the topsoil. I do hope you got onto them and at leat registered your disappointment in their product. Maybe it was a duff batch that THEY got landed with.
I haven't seen that tea in the UK, I would try it, it sounds yummy.
I love the colour of your hydrangea florets, I hope we can see it when complete.
Happy T Day :o))

fairyrocks said...

I too love to have a nice garden. The work it takes is sadly underestimated by my DH{not a gardener} He does drink Twinnings Tea, I will have to look for that ice variety. Poor little basil. Here's hoping it picks up for you.

massofhair said...

WOW Debbie what a busy bee you have been. My OH is making changes in his garden and i am helping, trying to get it easier to manage, less grass and raised beds for vegetable planting. Your garden is looking fab.

Good to read your DD will be home soon. Hope you all enjoy her Graduation ceremony!

Looking forward to seeing your completed hydrangea project, the colours are astounding, such a gorgeous blue/lilac colour.

Take care:-) xxx

Vicki Boster said...

Gosh you've been busy!! It's a huge job to replace the dirt in pots and replant everything!! Fingers crossed everything grows well for you.

The beaded flowers are incredible-- I can't wait to see how you use those!
Xoxo
Vicki

Rita said...

Sorry about your dirt disaster. :( But it will be nice to have your daughter home for a short time.
Happy T-Day! :)

They Come Along said...

Busy...busy..busy indeed! Wonderful beading Deb.

Karla B said...

My daughter has green fingers. She's the one who plants evrything here.I love plants but I don't know how to deal with them as my daughter does. Love your post. my friend!