Tuesday, May 19, 2015

T Stands For 3 Degrees of Success

Hi Everyone!  It is a rainy, thundery day, so I am glad I remembered to run outside last night and take some photos of my flowers--the first degree of success!  The new soil is a success
and most of the flower seeds have already started to come up......
Not too bad for just a week! Don't these look like little green
dragonflies?  I never plan out or make a record of what seed I plant where, so I don't remember what these are. It seems more fun that way!
My peony is doing very well already this year after hardly growing at all last summer.  No, I did not change the dirt here, just some years it seems to do better than others. Speaking of flowers....
Here is the Hydrangea I showed you the parts of last week, all finished and stemmed. I'm working on the 2nd one in a slightly lighter shade of blue. They will join the 5 others I made previously, 3 others of which are shown in this post. My 2nd degree of success.
My 3rd degree of success is that having finished my Spring Cleaning (except for shampooing the carpets,which has to wait for warmer weather), I actually had time to work in my Altered Tea Journal.  While surfing the web hoping to be inspired, I came across some random facts about tea that I thought would make a good spread.
Originally, I wrote out all the facts, but then felt it looked too plain, so I cut out appropriate tea words from a catalog & fancied it up.
I'm not sure you can read any of the facts because I could not take the book outside to photograph, but I think you get the gist.  I'm sharing this with Altered Book Lover for T Stands For Tuesday. 

Perhaps, my biggest success, or at least the most important....

Tomorrow, DH & I will celebrate our DD's success...her Master's Degree in Publishing! (At 22!) I usually keep most of the private stuff private--can't think too many people are actually interested--but if I can brag for just a minute...She achieved straight A's and just heard last night that she got an "A" on her thesis also! We are out of adjectives to describe how proud we are of her! She told us the nicest thing the other day...several of her close friends were talking & they told her they want to "meet the people who made her" because she is just awesome. See why I feel this is my biggest success? Yes, tomorrow is going to be a great day!  









18 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh so many wonderful things fill this post! Looks like you have a green thumb and those plants will be blooming before you know it. I am so impressed with the intricacy of those beaded hydrangeas-just gorgeous! And huge congratulations to you and your lovely (and very bright) daughter on her scholastic achievement!! What an accomplishment and you have every right to shout it out to everyone. Happy T day!

see you there! said...

I'm glad that T Tuesday brought out the news about your daughter. How wonderful and how proud you must all be.

Like this page in your T journal.

Darla

Halle said...

Congrats to your daughter...and to you for raising her right. :)
Love your tea pages.
Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm enjoying seeing your lovely plants and the progress with your pots. I look forward to finding out what your mystery plant turns into lol

Happy T Tuesday!

~*~Patty S said...

What a wonderful post full of good things.
BIG Congratulations to your daughter and to the whole family on such a brilliant accomplishment. Lots of work goes into achieving something like that! BRAVO!!
Thank you for sharing such happy news Debbie.
Your "dragonfly" seedling made me smile too.
Happy T Day
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What wonderful successes you have shared with us for T this Tuesday. Had to enlarge the pages and really enjoyed seeing all the interesting facts about tea you gave us. I had no idea tea bags had been around since 1908. That was new one on me.

But the MOST awesome success is your DD. I know how proud you are of her, and of course, her straight A's are hard to beat (grin). I should know, because I also got them through my undergrad through my Ph.D. But I was marginally (GRIN) older than your daughter when I got my final degree.

Thanks for sharing tea facts, seeds, your lovely beaded flowers, and your daughter's graduation with us for T this Tuesday.

Dianne said...

So enjoyed your successes! gorgeous hydrangeas, lovely tea art, and big congratulations are in order for the DD! I can totally see why you are a proud mama! enjoy it all...♥

Krisha said...

Congrats to your daughter and to YOU for being her support. I think it is FANTASTIC about her grades....WOOT! WOOT!!!!! You must be busting buttons over her.

Yes I do see the little green dragonflies.

Thanks you for the birthday wishes
Happy T-day and have fun celebrating that wonderful daughter and her achievement!!

TwinkleToes2day said...

MANY MANY congratulations to your very clever daughter and to the proud, (rightly so), parents. What a fabulous achievement, and what an incredible compliment from her friends :D Bravo, mum & dad :-D

I completely agree with you about those seedlings that look like dragonfllies. Excellent.
The Hydrangea is fabulous as is your artwork.

What a delightful post to read. TFS everything. Happy T Day {{Hugs}} xox

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, what a lot of lovely works from you today. Love your beaded hydrangea, and it is always fun to see plants growing. Your tea journal looks great too. You really have had a successful week, great! Hugs, Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

And I can understand you being so proud of your daughter - a fantastic achievement!

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Congratulations to your daughter and to you!!!! After all, she gets it form somewhere :-) Lovely flowers and great art Debbie!!!

Rita said...

OMGosh! A masters at 22!! And straight As!! Bragging rights are most definitely in order. Congrats to her!! And love your dragonfly seedlings.
Happy T-Day! :)

Kokopelli said...

Congrats to your daughter! And to you for raising her right. :) Your seedlings look great and those that look like dragonflies (yes, they really do!) could be Morning Glories (if you seeded them ;)).

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

You garden looks great. Mine is doing well too. We are having much more rain so I have to cover them a bit.
Nicole/Beadwright

Vicki Boster said...

Of course you can brag!! Congrats on your daughters success and graduation. You have every right to be so proud!!

I love the new growth that comes at Spring-- I'm just getting my flowers in the ground!!

Vicki

Karla B said...

Congrats to your daughter. It is so good when our kids make us proud. When things like that happen we get know why we are on this dimension.
xoxo
Karla

Magic Love Crow said...

Yeh!!! I have the biggest smile on my face for your daughter!! Congrats to her!!! And, congrats to you too Debbie and your hubby!! Mom is very happy too! We both send BIG HUGS!!!
Your plants are coming along great! Good going girl! The one area beside our pool, is going to be really wild this year! I usually call it my wild side, and this year, it truly is going to be that! LOL!
Your bead work is amazing girl! WOW! The Hydrangea is fantastic!
I've been spring cleaning too!
Your journal is great! Really is! You are an inspiration to me Deb!
Big Hugs ;o)