Tuesday, April 21, 2015

T Stands For Tuesday-Tea Journal

Hi Everyone! I am happy to be joining Elizabeth again this week with another page in my tea journal.
I came across this airplane themed fabric in my stash and though of this banner idea.  Originally, I was going to make the banners
with the sewing machine on pieces of ribbon, but when I planned it out, they were going to be too long. I thought of using one quote and splitting them up,
but I really didn't like that idea either. So I mixed a blue I like for the sky, adding a little glaze to make it more spreadable, made some clouds by
rubbing a glue stick on the page and then patting it with a cotton ball before it dried. In the end, I was pretty happy with the result.
I had a chance to use my net-working skills last week.  No, not the kind for selling my art....the butterfly net kind.  Anyone who has been here with me awhile, knows about our past experiences with bats in the house, which is why we have butterfly nets.

Upon returning from food shopping, DH & I unload the car, carry everything in from the garage and put it all away. As we are standing in the dining room looking at the mail,  we hear a sound over by a big plant in the corner and think a bird is outside flying into the window.  Huh? What? A small bird (think chickadee size) starts flying around...inside! The best we can figure is that we left the living room to garage door open as we were carrying up the groceries and while I was upstairs on the second floor & DH was carrying things down to the basement....it must have flown in.  Of course, it didn't want to just fly into the net, LOL. We were able to keep it contained in the dining room and I opened a window & carefully coaxed it out. 

The next morning, we are greeted by the side of my basil plant (which was on the window sill) knocked down into dish drain.

 I look up and the outside window (they are double glass) over the sink is totally smashed! The bottle of water was what I shared with the basil to try to revive it.

Fortunately, it is the outer window that shattered.
We originally thought a bird (?) must have flown into the window, causing a concussive reaction that broke the window, knocked down the plant and also damaged one of my cacti.  We replaced these windows 20+ years ago with argon gas filled double windows which were supposed to provide added insulation.  My web search tells me that these windows slowly leak and can (on rare occasions) shatter.  Rare? This is the third window that has broken. Good thing we have a few more spares. We will wait until the weather is a little warmer to replace this bottom window.

Thanks for coming by. I really do appreciate your visits and comments.  I am also linking up with AJJ whose theme is favorite quotes and poems. Hopefully, I will be more artistic soon and have some projects to show.








15 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Your book pages turned out brilliantly Debbie. The sky and clouds...airplanes and quotes are all just perfect!
BIG WOW on your birdie adventure that sort of thing makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck as much as I enjoy nature I prefer it outside LOL. And crazy about you cracked window!
If your basil doesn't perk up you may have to trim it back a bit?
Happy T Day
oxo

Linda Kunsman said...

LOVE how your clever journal spread turned out!! What an adventure to have to keep nets around-not something I'd like to be on the lookout for in the house...and that's pretty disconcerting about the window shattering too. Hope you've been able to revive your yummy basil. Happy T day!

see you there! said...

Another great spread in your Tea Journal. Yikes about the window shattering. That would be unnerving to say the least.

Darla

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'll have tea with Peter Pan, and dream of flying high, just like those awesome planes did in your AB. What a fun book this is turning into.

I was shocked when I saw the window. I considered getting a sky light for my office, but now I'm glad I didn't. That is one scary shattered glass.

I think you may have to use some of that basil in a nice Italian dish soon. Hopefully, it will bounce back, though.

Thanks for sharing your Tea AB, your shattered glass, and your basil you watered for T this Tuesday.

Halle said...

The banners behind planes is brilliant! Nicely done...
Yikes on the window! We have small birds hit our bedroom window at least a couple of times each summer. IT's sad when they actually perish. Luckily they haven't broke the window though!!
HAppy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I've had a bird in the house a couple of times, and they get so frantic! They don't know I'm meaning the best for them. I'm glad yours got out safely.

Strange about the windows cracking. I'll keep that in mind as we look into replacing ours, so thx for sharing :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful post! Love the journal pages - it would be nice if you would link to Art Journal Journey, too! Hugs, Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Debbie, so good to see you at Art Journal Journey - thanks a lot for joining us! Hugs, Valerie

Rita said...

Glad you got the bird out safely. And shared your water with the poor knocked over plant.
Sounds like maybe it's the gas that is cracking the windows. IAs far as I know, it is really rare for a bird to crack a window unless it is a very large bird--like a duck or goose or pheasant or turkey or something.
Happy T-Day! :)

massofhair said...

Glad you got the bird to safety, must have been a tad of a shock to say the least.

Great pages Debbie, some fabulous words on your banners :-) xxx

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

I like this so much!!! It really gives me that free feeling of summer and just a few clouds!!! Just lovely Debbie. But, so scary about the windows!!!!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Hello Debbie!
A very happy belated T-Day to you and I love to see this fabulous spread at Art Journal Journey!

It's fabulous!

Welcome to Art Journal Journey!
xxx
Susi

Kristin said...

Ha! I like how companies say that it's "Rare" when thing like that happen - again and again :/ Glad that the chickadee was okay though :) LOVLEY page - I especially love the idea of your using fabric and the Peter Pan quote. And yay for SOC! Thank you for playing along this year - it should be the best yet with new surprises as we celebrate the 5th anniversary ;) xo

Magic Love Crow said...

Your journal page is amazing Deb! You are so creative! Every adventure requires a first step! That's for sure! LOL! That is horrible about your window! I'm glad no one was hurt! Poor little bird! Glad you were able to get it out safely ;o) Hugs ;O)

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I am trying to catch up on my visits to my fav bloggers. Things have been rather hectic to say the least. Iteresting post. Wow, your poor window, that had to be a shock. The Basil does not look happy about it.
My sewing machine still sits hopefully on my table, to many other things to do. I have been concentrating on the garden as best I can.......anyway, just here to say hello and check out what you have been doing
Janice