Tuesday, March 3, 2015

T Stands For Tea in the Afternoon

Hi everyone! I switched things around and had to post my T Stands for Tuesday this afternoon since I was out running some errands this morning before the next batch of weather hits us.  Can you believe this winter? We had another 8" this past Sunday, and this afternoon the next storm of snow, then sleet, then rain, then back to snow again is supposed to start any minute and last until Thursday.  Totals? Glad you asked! Another 4-6"!
We are running out of places to pile this mess!

Anyway it is a good afternoon to sit down with a cup of tea:
All the flavor and none of the calories that are in those wonderful Samoa Girl Scout Cookies.  My DD and I came across this tea while she was home on Saturday and we decided to give it a try. It has good flavor without tasting artificial.

Since I finished my DD's hat and scarf while she was home, I'll be working on my scarf this afternoon.  Some of you might remember that this is the recycled silk yarn that I spoke about in previous posts.
Well, not the exact same yarn.  I was having breakage issues and so wrote the the company, Mango Moon Yarns, for advice. This excerpt from their website explains their mission, " At Mango Moon, we think knitting should be fun, and that we should try to leave the world a little better than we found it. We work with the Nepali Women’s Empowerment Group and a spinners’ co-op in Indonesia to bring you yarns that are colorful and fun, and that help improve the lives of the artisans who spin it."

Apparently, the (expensive) yarn that I had picked up at an Estate sale was at least 15 years old!  The owner, who had actually taken over the company from the original owner made it her mission to make me happy.  She not only contacted me personally, but she replaced my old, sad yarn with this new yarn at no charge! That is great service and the measure of a good company in my opinion! They offer yarn, kits, supplies, and patterns--some of them free.  The yarn is top of the line, and if you are looking for excellent quality and service, you may want to visit their site.
Here is how my drop stitch scarf looks so far!

Disclaimer: Although I did receive free replacement yarn, it was not in any way contingent on a blog post. This was solely my idea and my way of thanking the owner, Laurie Cook, for her kindness and generosity. Too many times we only hear about complaints; I like to give praise where due, too.


Thanks for stopping by! If you like to see what everyone else is up to, visit our host, Altered Book Lover for the links.

10 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

That's customer service above and beyond the call of duty. How thoughtful of you to publicly acknowledge it :) Happy T Tuesday!

Linda Kunsman said...

Glad you posted about that wonderful customer service, always good to know! Your scarf is looking beautiful. And oh yeah, I am hearing you about this awful winter weather that continues. It's snowing as I type and then they want freezing rain. Oh, and more on Thursday:(:(

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love your scarf! What a wonderful company to send a replacement! Hope all the snow goes soon! Happy T day, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is beautiful yarn, Deb. I also like to praise those who have gone above and beyond. I wish I had a need for yarn, because I would buy something just because of how well she treated you. Glad to hear a positive outcome on things.

Thanks for sharing your Girl Scout Cookie tea and your really great replacement with us for T this late afternoon Tuesday.

massofhair said...

You are so right to give praise where it is due Debbie, have done this as long as i can remember. People love to complain but rarely give praise, again great post.

Loving your scarf and your tea sounds refreshing. Stay safe & warm:-) xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry your weather is still so bad, we had hail stones overnight here, brrrr! Love your scarf, and how nice of the firm to replace it for you - that's good service! Hugs, Valerie

Dianne said...

a nice story about your yarn and a happy ending! the scarf and colorful yarn are gorgeous! happy T day!

see you there! said...

Since I'm on a knitting spree I will definitely check out the yarn due to your praise. I really like your scarf. I just finished a hat knit in very similar colors.

Darla

Halle said...

You have to tell stories about good customer service since it seems to be very few and far between these days.
I'm intrigued by the drop stitch scarf. I may have to look up a video on how to do that.

Magic Love Crow said...

I am sorry about the weather my friend! You are getting so much more than us! We just saw about the air plane crash in New York on the news tonight! Lucky no one was really hurt or died! That tea looks so yummy! I really love love the scarf! Excellent customer service! You are right to say something about it ;o) Hugs ;o)