Monday, March 23, 2015

T Stands for Another Tea Journal Page

Hi everyone! Well, look at me...I am actually early for tea this week! As you probably know, I usually post on a Tuesday, but the link is open starting late Monday afternoon to allow those "across the pond" a chance to participate, too. Elizabeth is just thoughtful like that. Go here to see her post for this week and take a look at her awesome art and tutorials.
I had a chance to play in my altered tea journal. I was stuck for a good quote to use, but once I loosened up and decided it did not really need to be a "famous person" quote, I found just the one: "Life is like a cup of tea...It's all how you make it!"  I let the quote guide me and just played.
I used some torn mulberry paper as the background and then started adding whatever I came across in my hoard. The tea bag rose at the top left corner was simply made by cutting many layers from the tea paper (at the same time), rotating them and adding a rivet in the center with my crop-a-dile. I found a variety of directional words and decided to put a positive optimistic spin on all of them. My cup of tea today was French Vanilla Chai--YUM!
The opposite page holds the rest of the quote, as well as, another tea bag flower, and perhaps my favorite element--the key!

Thank you for stopping by!



17 comments:

Bridget Larsen said...

Love the idea of your road map and quote, genius
Bridget #3

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Quotes don't have to be by famous people. They can be by anyone. I sure like how you designed this page with the colorful papers. I was also in awe of the symmetry of the piece, and the way you created the flowers. Very, very well done.

Thanks for sharing your Chai tea and your lovely spread from your tea altered book with us for T this week.

Linda Kunsman said...

Love the color palette on your pages-fab composition too! Wishing you a happy T day:)

Karla B said...

Love your journal page. It's goorgeous!Hhappy T day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your journal pages today, and the quote is really good - so true! Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Wonderful pages and a fabulous quote !
Happy T-Day!

TwinkleToes2day said...

Awesome spread Deb!! I'm very impressed by the directional words and how you enhanced them all. The quote is very good and I love the flowers too. I'm not sure I understood how you made them (dim brain day), but I really like them. Happy T Day {{hugs}} Mo

jinxxxygirl said...

Debbie LOVE the teabag rose! What a clever idea. Is there anything sweeter than mulberry paper?? I think your altered tea journal will evolve into just what you want. Happy happy Tday Deb! Hugs! deb

Krisha said...

Well done Debbie, fantastic journal pages!!! I LOVE the quote and don't really care if it was by a famous person or not.

Your early this week and I'm on the later side...ha,ha,ha!

Happy T-day

Ariel said...

Lovely spring colors on your journal pages.
Happy T day

Halle said...

Oh...love the bright colors of the page! Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

ooo I love your color combinations here. :)

Lorraine said...

lovely bright colours

Rita said...

Cute pages in your tea journal! You can even make up your own quote or just journal and put your own thoughts down. Happy T-Day! :)

Dianne said...

a colorful layout for your Tea journal--it's lovely! have a great week! ♥

see you there! said...

I'm a week late but still enjoyed your tea post. I think the idea of a tea journal is perfect for the weekly Tea get together

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

These are so much fun! I love the orange and green!