Tuesday, March 10, 2015

More Tea Journal on T Day

Hi Everyone! It seems like we might have turned the corner on our weather here.  It has warmed up nicely so far, and I can smell Spring in the air.  I've been inspired by butterflies this week and had a chance to work in my Tea Journal again.  I may have gotten a little carried away....
Pink is not usually a color I craft with, but I built this spread around using the checkerboard background on the left side.
This was a lovely piece of artwork that I received in a giveaway about 4 years ago.  The artist created this piece by handwriting my choice of words and weaving it together with my choice of color.  I chose our wedding song and was really happy with how it came together.
Some of the paint from the previous page leaked over so I attached two butterfly stickers that just happened to have the same color, and it almost looks like it was meant to be there.
The other side of the spread holds the quote by Balzac, some herbal tea wrappers, flowers, and more butterflies!

Once I got started with the butterflies, I kept going and made some beaded ones this week, too!
A fantasy butterfly in black, lavender and aqua.  I guess the colors in the tea journal were reflected in this butterfly as well.
And, a monarch butterfly!

Thanks for stopping by today! I'm joining up with Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Today. Have a great day!





14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

A gorgeous journal spread, and love those beaded butterflies! Glad to hear that you weather is warming up! Hugs, Valerie

~*~Patty S said...

Such fun and colorful journal pages with their extra special meaning.
Spring is definitely in the air.
Your butterflies are so pretty.
Happy T Day
oxo

see you there! said...

I so enjoy your Tea Journal. Weaving the words is such a clever idea. Your beautiful butterflies make me think spring may be on the way.

Darla

Divers and Sundry said...

Perfect timing for your Monarch butterfly :) Happy T Tuesday!

Linda Kunsman said...

wonderful pages-love the wedding page especially! Your bead work is always so intricate and beautiful too. Happy T day-and so glad you're having a bit of warmer weather too:)

Krisha said...

Fabulous journal pages Debbie, I've really enjoyed "your" tea journal.

Those beaded butterflies are awesome!

Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog. Hope you have a great week and the weather stays nice.

Dianne said...

Really gorgeous beaded butterflies...isn't it cool how one art piece leads to another?! I've never heard that quote before, but I love it! happy T day!

jinxxxygirl said...

Butterflies butterflies everywhere!! Yep i'd say Spring is in the air and none too soon!! Love your journal spread and the beaded butters lol . Happy happy Tday to you!! Hugs! deb

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I stopped by earlier, but my computer went on the fritz. It took me this long to get back online.

That Tea journal is getting filled nicely. I really LOVE the way you incorporated the wedding page with the tea page just by adding that quote. That was SO clever. How did you think to get from champagne to tisane? That was quite clever!

Your butterflies are beautiful, and as always, I find the beading simply incredible. Thanks for sharing your touch of spring butterflies and your lovely tea journal pages with us for T this Tuesday.

BTW, I hope you don't have to buy anything for the APC challenge this week. For some reason, when I first read through the challenge, I thought I did. I'll be SO glad when this one is over. Probably far happier than you (grin).

Carol said...

Love your journal spread but those beaded butterflies still the show for me ♥ They are beautiful and I can think of so many uses for them. :)

Kelly Deal said...

Beautiful journal pages!

massofhair said...

Wow Debbie your beaded butterflies are stunning! Good to see your tea journal coming along so well :-) xxx

Magic Love Crow said...

You know I love pink, so I really love these pages ;o) They are so pretty! Filled with love and happiness! Love them Deb! Your new beaded butterflies are breath taking! Spring is in the air here too! I keep looking outside and thinking of what I have to clean up! LOL! Hugs ;o)

Lorraine said...

so cute love the beading