Friday, March 20, 2015

APC#26

I made it just under the wire again to finish my altered playing cards for Claudine's challenge. This week was eaten up by several full days out, so I was glad the theme was an easy one--monochromatic, which I know you already know means using just one color in various shades.  White and black are also permitted.
My cards are pretty simple so I'll only make a few comments.
This was one of the cards that I had created some texture on, so after covering with the lighter aqua color, I used my finger to lightly rub the darker highlights just on the "hills".  I did the border the same way.  My moose punch came in handy this week as did a piece of washi tape that is truly aqua but looks greyish in my photo.  I added some highlights on it with an aqua marker and also circled the quote.
A metal stencil, acrylic paint, and a paintbrush was used to make the sunflower design. It is quite messy when I removed the stencil, and I covered up as much as I could with my favorite white pen. The quote just came to me as I was listening to the weather forecast of 2-6" of snow today! Really?! I rubbed darker green around the card's border with my finger as I did on the first card but neglected to take a photo.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy First Day of Spring! Have a happy creative weekend everyone!




8 comments:

ionabunny said...

Dear Craftymoose, sorry it's been so long since I dropped by. Can't believe we are almost at the end of the cards. Love your finger painting and the wayward moose. The flower look very happy. I got in hell of a mess yesterday trying the stencil and glue technique so I can appreciate your comments but I think you did a great job with the white pen. Hugz

Claudine Criner said...

These are fantastic, love your moose! Your monochrome cards look so effortless. Nicely done.

massofhair said...

Two beautiful APC's Debbie, loving the colours and the moose die is awesome. Well done for keeping up :-) xxx

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Oh this is so springish!!! I love the stories these two cards are telling!!!

Kelly Deal said...

Love your altered playing cards, especially the cute, happy flower!

Valerie-Jael said...

Both are gorgeous, but 'dare to be different' is my fave! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You may call them simple, but I call them ingenious. Really cleverly created, and you made monochromatic look like fun. LOVED the moose (or whatever the plural of moose are). That one DID dare to be different. Laughed when I saw it, too.

One more week and we can call this challenge a wrap. I believe I'm far happier about it than you are (grin).

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, these two really made me smile! I love them!!!