Tuesday, March 24, 2015

APC #27

Hi Everyone! I can't believe it is the final week of Claudine's Altered Playing Card Challenge! I am so proud of myself to have keep up and completed every single week!  A big thank you goes to Claudine for all the wonderful techniques and tutorials--I really learned a lot! This final week was about embossing; something I know I can do, but did not really turn out well on my cards.
One reason may be that I have a limited, rather old supply of embossing powder. Another could be what I used as the background.  I let them dry for hours and even gave them a blast with the heat gun, but....
the embossing powder still stuck all over the place on this first card.  It wasn't all that bad, but since I did not really like it, I covered it up as much as I could. The huge stamp helped cover up the worst of it and complimented the background color.  The shell heart was cut from a jewelry company catalog--it's funny, I never realized it was a mosaic of face parts until I used it in this piece.
I liked my second card a lot better! The oil pastel frames the stamps nicely and the cut out birdie I had sitting on my desk for a few weeks--he just jumped in!

Here is a quick look at all my cards together:


Thanks for visiting and all your kind words and encouragement during this challenge.  You helped me to keep going!



11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful cards, and you can truly be proud of yourself for keeping to the challenge all the way through, and producing so many great cards! Yay for you! Hugs, Valerie

Vicki Boster said...

This is the cutest idea ever to use playing cards as the backdrop for these creations-- oh my gosh just to see all your cards in one picture-- what an amazing project-- gorgeous colors!
Xoxoxo
Vicki

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Not sure how I missed this one, but it may be because I was out or working on my final cards.

I like yours better than mine and the bird with the bird postage stamps is wonderful. You did a FANTASTIC job with yours. Far better most weeks than mine. I am thrilled that you finished (and even before me for once).

All those cards together looked wonderful. Do you have a favorite? How will you store yours.

Guess I'd better finish my post and get it online. Thanks for pushing me (and twisting my arm) into this one, dear friend. I'm SO glad we both made it through the challenge, especially since if you hadn't pushed me, I would probably have quit after week 3 (grin).

Claudine Criner said...

Your cards turned out beautiful this week, I love seeing all your cards layed out together. This was such a fun challenge and thank you so much for following along each week

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

That is so amazing!!!! You sure should be very proud to have done all that work. So lovely to see all the colors and the works of art together!!!! Contratulations Debbie!!!!

Kelly Deal said...

Love your APC's! Awesome!

Linda said...

How beautiful!

Karla B said...

Gorgeous cards!Love them!!Thanks four your lovely comment.Happy T Day!

Claudine Criner said...

These are beautiful, I love the way your backgrounds came out. Way to finish! Thanks so much for playing along!!

see you there! said...

Great cards and now you have such an interesting deck of them.

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

Oh wow! I am so proud of you!!! Amazing girl!! The last two are beautiful!!! Hugs ;o)