Monday, February 23, 2015

T Stands For Tuesday

Hi Everyone! I'm posting early this time since I knew I would not be available tomorrow.  All is well--just getting out for some fresh air. I could tell you about the 5-6" snowfall we had over the weekend, but that is getting pretty boring. Sunday brought 40 degree temperatures so much of that new snowfall melted, and you are probably relieved to hear there won't be any more icicle photos as they have all melted, too. Today I'm sharing another page in my Tea Altered Book Journal....I somehow neglected to take a photo of both pages, so here they are one at a time:
I used some tissue paper in gesso to get a little texture on this page--even though much of it turned out to be covered by the images.  Two colors of acrylic paint were used-one for a base and the second to make some wavy lines. "Life is simple"
"Just add water".   I found the quote on Pinterest and lucked out with this image I found in my stash.  The letters of the quote were all individually drawn and cut out of a travel brochure. After I glued them down, I realized there wasn't much contrast, so white pen to the rescue!


As much as I love tea, I think I could use some "paradise" right about now.  Hurry Spring, please!

Happy T Day! Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh yes Debbie, paradise sounds divine right now! Fab pages-of course I do love the first one especially. Happy T day!

massofhair said...

Great pages Debbie, love the words very much... :-) xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That white pen really set those letters off well, didn't it? This spread is gorgeous, and I really like how you recycled the travel brochure. I wondered how you got the letters, so was glad you told us.

This really IS paradise and I'm so glad you shared it. Thanks for joining us for T this week. I hope your weather stays better, as ours is now bitterly cold.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I tried to remove the extra links, but have no idea how. Apparently, my FREE linky doesn't include that privilege.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Just AMAZING! What a fantastic idea!
Happy T-DAy!
xxx
Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your pages, great colour. White pens are always so good to lift things! Hugs, Valerie

see you there! said...

Great pages and a good "save" with the white pen. I like the idea of a tea altered book journal.

Darla

see you there! said...

Great pages and a good "save" with the white pen. I like the idea of a tea altered book journal.

Darla

~*~Patty S said...

Great quote and your pages turned out super Debbie ♥
Personally I enjoyed your snow and especially your icicles photos and don't find snow boring at all.
In fact I prefer cooler temps to the HOT and STICKY days of summer with moderation in all things being the key I guess ;-)
Hope you had a nice outing.
Happy T Day
oxo

Krisha said...

Happy T-day Debbie!
WOW! Your journal pages are fantastic, love the white outline of the letters, rally makes them pop.

Up to 40' eh? Well, spring will be here before ya know it, then we can complain about the heat and humidity.......LOL It poured rain here last night, a solid month like that might bring us close to being out of the drought. But not holding my breath....LOL

Have a great week kid-O

Lynn Holland said...

im sat here in my fur lined boots, woolly hand warmers, jumper, cardigan, woolly skirt and tights and I'm still cold.
Roll on spring over here in Lancashire UK

Lorraine said...

love the blues on the page

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm tired of all the cold and ready for sunshine out on the patio! With maybe some lemonade lol

Rita said...

Another cute entry in your tea journal!
40 degrees would melt a lot of snow and icicles. ;)
Happy T-Day! :)

jinxxxygirl said...

I just love your Tea Journal!!! Happy Tday!! I'd love to know what type of white pen you use...Hugs! deb

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, these are brilliant!!! You are so creative girl! I am so happy things are melting for you ;o) It's still really cold here! Love ya! Big Hugs ;o)

Geckostone said...

Wow, awesome pages Deb!!! I love dolphins!!!Glad its warmin' up a bit there!