Tuesday, February 17, 2015

T Stands For Tuesday

Hi Everyone!  Time to share your favorite beverage and visit with Elizabeth and Bleubeard and the rest of the Tuesday T posters. I am sitting here this morning with one of my favorite breakfast teas, English Breakfast,
as I watch the snow falling down, yet again. This time it is a small snowfall and I think we will make our appointments this afternoon that had been rescheduled from the last time it snowed.

Today I am sharing my finished heart/sunflower box.  If you missed part one, you can see it here.I have decided to leave the box unvarnished mostly because the wood of the heart and the wood of the box are very different and I am not sure they will look the same.

 As you can see, I went with wood burning on the four sides of the box, too.  I previously thought I might add wood hearts, but didn't have enough, and didn't want to buy any more.
The wood of the cigar box was quite a bit softer than the wood of the heart. It was not as easy to burn in the pattern smoothly in terms of depth or intensity of burn color, but I was fairly happy with the front.
I created a paper pattern to transfer for the placement of the hearts and roughly where the sunflowers would go.
For the sides, a trio of hearts seems to fit best.
When the basic shapes were all burned in, I filled them in with different designs. After the outside was finished, I decided the inside cover need some pop,
so I did a dimensional fabric picture similar to the bee box I made. I crocheted a chain with matching colors of craft thread to finish off the edge.

Now I am off to visit everyone and then start beading yet another Hydrangea! Happy T Day everyone and thanks for visiting!





21 comments:

see you there! said...

You have so many talents. I really like the woodburning on the box and what a delightful surprise it must be to open it and see all the color.

Darla

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

I love that box. And I think it looks so much better with only one wooden heart on it. It stands out more then. Impressed by your steady hand too!!!! Love the sunflowers - remind me that it is not that long until spring...

Halle said...

Woodburning is so lovely. It makes me think of being a kid. We had a family friend that did lots of it. We'd visit their mountain home almost every summer and I'd walk around the studio checking out all the fabulous pieces. It's funny...I hadn't thought about that in ages!! Thanks for the trip down memory lane this morning!
Happy T Day!

Divers and Sundry said...

Those sunflowers are catching my eye on this dreary morning. Thx for the day-brightener! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am not sure if I mentioned this before or not, I have done woodburning ONCE. I made a mixed media piece for my friend Kathy. Personally, MINE was a disaster, but yours is simply stunning. I love the pop of color on the inside, too. It is truly gorgeous.

Hope you make your appointment and aren't too snowbound this week.

Thanks for sharing your tea and lovely heart and sunflower box with us for T this Tuesday, dear Debbie.

Linda Kunsman said...

I am thoroughly impressed by your woodburning skills-beautiful! Love the sunflower art too-so bright and cheerful. Happy T day!

voodoo vixen said...

I love how your cigar box turned out, it looks wonderful with the burned hearts and sunflower on the top and then you go and put such a pretty inside to it too! Happy T Tuesday to you, Annette

Krisha said...

WOW! Your box turned out beautiful, love the pop of color on the inside.

Hope your staying safe and warm.

Happy T-day

~*~Patty S said...

You must be so pleased with how your heart box turned out Debbie. It is really wonderful!!!
Lovely Sunflowers on this snowy day too.
You're doing good getting around in all this weather.
I like snow but that is because I don't mind staying in and hibernating.
Take care and Happy T Day
oxo

TwinkleToes2day said...

Oh Debs your box is very very beautiful and the sunflowers inside are so richly coloured, they are sure to make anyone opening the box smile :D
Thank you for commenting on Wee Man's post, he said,
"Thank you very much. I think you might be too far away for me to save you but there is probably a super hero in your own town :-D"
Also, you said on my T post you had never heard of one staple collage; well basically it is a collage of relatively small pieces held together on the background with just one staple. :D If you have time, pop over to Jewels place here
http://justtickety-boo.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/one-staple-collage-part-1.html
and see ones that she has done and ones she has received.
Happy T Day to you :o) x

Lorraine said...

fab wood burning looks great

Kokopelli said...

Lovely box! Makes me happy to look at. I use pyrography on my leatherwork.

massofhair said...

Fantastic pyrography Debbie, you are so talented in many different areas, i always enjoy my visits to your blog.

Stunning sunflowers, a fantastic project:-) xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Your box is a real treasure chest, love how you burnt those designs into it! Stay warm! Hugs, Valerie

Carol said...

I really love the heart box!!!! You did a great job inside and out. Thanks for sharing.

Dianne said...

A really wonderful box. It turned out beautifully! Happy T Day!

Rita said...

OMGosh! That really turned out so pretty! I would leave it raw wood, too. Very pretty. Your dimensional sunflowers are amazing!
Happy T-Day! :)

jinxxxygirl said...

Well happy Tday to you! That box turned out beautifully! When i get settled again you have definitely inspired me to try out my woodburner. :) Hugs! deb

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day late. How gorgeous your box is!! The sunflowers are bright and happy, just what I needed to see on this cold morning. I've been drinking the same tea everyday this week, it warms me right up.
Hope you are warmer then us and that the snow stays away. Thanks for sharing your beautifies with us.

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, we aren't getting much snow, but we are cold! I hope you are safe ;o) We see on the news how much snow you have been getting!
Deb, I don't know what to say about your box! My mouth is open and I can't shut it! LOL! Holy girl! Truly beautiful! Truly, truly beautiful! WOW!!!! Really WOW! I LOVE!!! Big Hugs ;o)

froebelsternchen Susi said...

The box is fabulous! Great ! Also the framed dimensional sunflowers! Great idea with the crocheted outline!
Happy T-DAY!
xxx
Susi