Friday, February 27, 2015

APC #24

Hi everyone! The theme this week is washi tape!  This was a fun project where I used what I had and didn't really have to fuss too much. We simply covered our cards with strips of washi tape in a pleasing combination:
For the first card, I used a purchased die cut that reminded me of a delivery horse and found some odds and ends in my stash that echoed the theme of travel.
I backed the die cut with black paper to make it stand out more.  Done! I really liked how Claudine did the second card.  Of course, this would have been much easier with a die cutter....but after three tries, here is what I came up with:
I used some black lined paper from a spiral notebook, and this was the best effort out of the three.  I was a little unhappy that it did not come out centered, but since I planned to write this quote from Nathaniel Hawthorne, I thought I could probably make it fit better anyway!

Just three more weeks to go!

Thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate all your comments and encouragement! Have a happy creative weekend everyone!




9 comments:

Claudine Criner said...

Omg, these are fab! I love that you wrote on your butterfly one. So cool.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful cards, love the idea of using washi tape as a background. Hugs, Valerie

Geckostone said...

These are great! I love the washi tape idea, its making me think bookmarks!!!

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Amazing that the washi tape turned out that way. So creative!!! Love that butterfly quote a lot!!!

massofhair said...

Fantastic APC's Debbie, looking forward to catching up with mine very soon.

Your butterfly background is beautiful as is your butterfly:-) xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Debbie, you have some of the most AWESOME Washi tapes. They are gorgeous, and the way you created them is wonderful. You did a MARVELOUS job with the butterfly. It is awesome. I love both of these!

Sorry I'm late getting here, but it's been so cold, I've not gotten around to doing too much, except loading my challenge entries.

see you there! said...

Clever use of the tape. I like the way you left the butterfly and wrote text around it.

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

These are so much fun Deb! I don't know how you get time for everything! I love what you wrote on the butterfly one! I promise I will e-mail tomorrow ;o) Love you ;o)

ionabunny said...

You have gorgeous washi tape. LOve the horse and the journalled butterfly. Fabtastic. Hugz