Friday, February 20, 2015

APC #23

Hi Everyone! Today I am sharing my latest altered playing cards. As always, you can click on the link in my sidebar to see Claudine's examples.  This week we were playing with masks. Here are my cards together:
Since I did not have "real" masks, I tried to use stickers with mixed results as you can see above.  Had I given it more thought, I might have tried contact paper or something stickier.
After painting a light background, the idea was to mask what you wanted to stay that color and then use a darker color to go over everything.  Before removing the stickers, I used a large stamp to make an all over design. Upon removing the stamps, I saw some of the second layer seeped under, but since it wasn't too bad, I continued on, stamping the hot air balloon images.
I went with the same process here, but should have used a darker second layer since you can hardly see (even in person) the masks in the upper left and lower right hand corners.  I completed the card without putting too much effort into it since I was really not all that happy. Oh well, not everything works out perfectly.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a happy creative weekend everyone!



8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Ah, but I really like the results. You did an excellent job, and have the concept of masks down to a tee. In fact, I was very impressed with the two cards you made. Way to go. Remember, just four more weeks!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your results are great, you really did a good job, and both cards are lovely! Enjoy your sunshine, and stay warm! Hugs, Valerie

massofhair said...

I like both your APC's Debbie, they look fantastic and great use of masks. I tend to get confused using masks, not had one project that has been as i envisioned. Need to play more! :-) xxx

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

I like your result!!! And I loved watching your work with altering playing cards!!!

~*~Patty S said...

Both cards are very nice Debbie.
Playing is how we find out what we like and what works best for us.
I can really feel the "strength" in your Be Strong card and your hot air balloons are so dreamy!
oxo

see you there! said...

I like both cards and think you are very creative in your use of substitutes when you don't have what the class calls for

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, I think these turned out brilliant! Don't be so hard on yourself! I really love them! Truly! Hope you are well my friend ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

ionabunny said...

Love the first card. It's very dimensional. Love the colours and the lion. Hugz