Friday, February 6, 2015

APC #21

Hi Everyone! Here is the temperature I woke up to this morning!
It actually has gone up one degree since I got up at 7 am!
The icicles continue to grow longer as they melt a bit during the day and freeze again towards evening....I don't think there will be any melting today! They have actually started a second row!  Good thing we don't use the back entrance during the winter!

Anyway, I finally had time this week to complete the latest altered playing cards....
Here they are together....as always.....similar to Claudine's, but my own take. 
This first card was one that I had scrunched tissue paper on top of the gesso to dry, so since it had a lot of texture already, I went with that.  It is impossible to see that I tried using clear embossing powder the same way as Claudine used the clear texture paste, but it did not work the same.  I'm glad I experimented, though.  I chose "Be Happy" to go with the Comedy and Tragedy masks that I had colored with my spectrum noir alcohol markers.
The background of the second card was basically paint dabbed on--you can't see the clear embossing dots I did on this card either. I love stamps and have a huge collection from when I collected as a child and tons that are imperfect for crafting. I tried to pull out some colors from the stamp to use in the dots and used punchinella in the top and bottom corners.  I left the stamps as a focal, rather than putting something over them.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit today! Hope you have a happy, creative weekend! Stay warm and safe wherever your travels take you!



7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your colourful creations, but oh my, it does look freezing cold! Stay warm and safe! Hugs, Valerie

Geckostone said...

Brrrrr, that's too cold for me,lol.Beautiful cards!!!

~*~Patty S said...

Those are some prize winning icicles you got there Debbie WOWEE!
I have a thing for postage stamps too and collected as a kid ;-)...they really do add that certain something to your card along with your cool doodled dots and colorful backgrounds on each card.
Stay warm and have a happy weekend.
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was really impressed with your lovely postage stamp APC. I also collect postage cards and try never to use meter mail for sending art to friends. I have some old ones, but I only started saving them since I started making art. Yours are FUN. I like that they are the focal image, too.

I'm glad you aren't discouraged with the outcome of your cards this week. I'm totally impressed with yours, and of course the masks!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

BTW, I bet the wind chill sent those temps well below zero!

ionabunny said...

Oh, I love,love these. Such a great shade of purple and I love the bright splashes of colour with the masks and the stamps. I collect all stamps off the mail and have for many years. Must use them more often. Hugz

Magic Love Crow said...

These cards are so cute and so happy ;o) I love the purple background ;o)
We are in a deep freeze again today! Very cold! But, I don't mind ;o) I know, I am crazy! LOL!
Hugs ;o)