Tuesday, January 27, 2015

T Stands For Tuesday

Hi Everyone! We are currently in the middle of a blizzard here in NY, as well as many places along the Eastern Coast of the US.  The totals where I live were at first predicted to be 12-18" (30 to 45 cm), but thankfully have been scaled down.  New York City and Long Island are bearing the brunt of the storm this time.  We still got a healthy amount and it is not over yet, plus there are two more predicted snowfalls later in the week.  Yes, Winter has finally arrived!

I've been working in my altered tea book and this time was inspired by a page I made in my first book about my travels.
I was looking for a way to incorporate the two tea-themed ATCs that I made for one of the challenges I was in. I made tags to mount them on and attached them to two pages I cut down in the middle of the spread to strips. The background was aqua paint thinned with glazing medium that I stamped purple circles on when dry. But, what I really want to call your attention to is the writing....My white pens came in the mail yesterday and they write like a dream! Thanks again for the Signo suggestion everyone!  Any thoughts on how to store the pen, upright or laying down?
On the front of each tag I added some fishy stamps and some polka dot washi tape. Along the back I added some bubbly-looking washi tape.
And here is the other side of the page.  The fish and starfish are fabric pieces.  I even managed to use the partial fish that went off the fabric edge.

Thanks for visiting today.  If you were or are in the path of this storm, stay safe and shovel carefully.  Better yet, stay in and join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday!



15 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have been up for awhile now, and have been watching the weather. I was SO worried about you and the other gals on the east coast. Looks like Boston and all the way up through Maine will be a big problem. They (weather people) are saying be prepared to stay in for 3-5 days.

I am in awe of the pages you created in this AB. That's a fun technique, and one I haven't used in a LONG time. I really enjoyed seeing how you handled the disparate pieces you used, and especially like how you took the fish off the page.

Thanks for sharing this technique with us for T this Tuesday. And PLEASE stay warm and safe.

see you there! said...

Sounds like weather you need to hunker down in and stay home. Great pages, like that you used your ATC's.

Darla

Valerie-Jael said...

Love what you have made, and the gorgeous blue. Stay home and stay safe! Here it's cold and wet today.We have been promised snow storms and winds about Thursday. Hugs, Valerie

Krisha said...

Hi Debbie,
I've been watch the storm on the news and hoping all my nor/eastern friends are all safe and warm.

I did close-ups of your journal pages and I think they are fantastic. Really like what you wrote too.
Thanks for the visit

~*~Patty S said...

Your journal pages are really wonderful and the fabric highlights must tempt people to reach out and touch the pages too!
Great way to use your ATCs.
Your quote really speaks to me as we just booked a little island getaway for end of March.
Stay warm and cozy...we did not get all that much snow here in northern VA.
Happy T Day
oxo

loveofcollage said...

happy page

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm happy for you that the snow's not as deep as you feared. We'd been hearing that some folks would be getting snow measured in many feet in a worst-ever blizzard. Brrrrr!

Linda Kunsman said...

I was ever so thankful that we didn't get what was predicted either, but like you, more is predicted for us too. Your delightful journal spread and quote have warmed me up thinking about summer and the beach! And those signo pens are all I use for a perfect (especially white)line. Love them! I keep mine lying down although I don't know if that's best or not. Happy T day!

TwinkleToes2day said...

Gorgeous shades of blue Debbie. I love your fish they're lovely colours and the quote is very good. I like your use of postage stamps and the idea of trimming a page to fit the ATCs is very good. Your white pen shows off your excellent penmanship fabulously. I love my signo too, and store it lying down, but I've heard others store it nib down to keep the ink flowing. Happy T Day and thank you for your comment on my Anti Journal post. Wee Man says Hi :-D

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Gosh, I love the work you have done Debbie. The colors, the layout the words - everything is just perfect balanced!!! Take care in the storm and stay inside with a nice cup of tea!!!

Rita said...

Colorful page! :)
Hope you don't get snowed in too badly.
I've stored my white Signos both ways and they've worked fine. (Love them!!)
Happy T-Day! :)

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day! I'm glad the snow didn't come down to us either, still hoping it will stay away. Happy to hear you are safe, enjoy staying inside and warm. What fun to see this beach page on a cold winter day. Just what we need to get us through the winter. I love what you did, looks great!

Bridget Larsen said...

You did well, the page compliments the ATCs, love that green colour
Bridget #7

Halle said...

Great pages! You are getting all of our snow this year. We have bare patches of grass in our yard...very little snow which is so strange for MN!!
Happy T day! Thursday is a T day right??

Magic Love Crow said...

So cool Deb! You are so talented! I wouldn't have the patients to create one of these!