Friday, January 2, 2015

APC#16

Hi Everyone! Happy 2015! I hope this year is good to all of us.

This week Claudine shows us how to create a textured background using printed tissue paper.  I'm sure most of you already know this technique, so I will keep it simple and show...
My cards together.  I took regular tissue paper, stamped on it, and glued it on the painted background once dry.
This is my favorite one of the two--big surprise since it is purple! I liked all the texture and the areas that stayed a little raised and look white. It looked a little plain so I added the strip of washi tape. The wolf was a sticker that I added to a piece of card stock and fussy cut.  After I looked at the word I chose, I realized the play on words; but no cheating, this is not the joker in the deck!
Since I don't own any stamps of figures, I had a look at some other stickers I had and came up with this.  I guess it helped that I was listening to an ABBA CD. Pretty self explanatory here.  I wrote the title on a scrap piece of paper towel that I had inked up for the snowman card several weeks ago.  See, I am learning to hold onto every (well, almost every) scrap!

Thanks for stopping by and have a happy creative weekend!


7 comments:

see you there! said...

Fun! Tissue paper is one thing I'm familiar with using. I particularly like the wolf card.

Darla

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

I love them both!! And the fact that you can print on tissue paper is quite extraordinary to me!!!

massofhair said...

Love both your APC's they are fab, love purple and you brought a smile with the doggy dancing queen:-) xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OK, now I'll NEVER get Dancing Queen out of my head (grin). Too cute.

Yep, I can tell you like the purple, and the background reminded me a bit of argyle. You did a fantastic job, far better than anything I could do. Wonderful cards this week.

Janice Kay Schaub said...

just stopping in to say hello. Looks like you are keeping busy. Love it. Almost time to get back to crafting myself.
Janice

Geckostone said...

Oh yeah!!!! I love both of these, Deb!

Magic Love Crow said...

Happy New Year ;o) I will be doing a big blog post soon of all my new art! The sun finally came out ;o) Yepee ;o) But, getting back to you! I LOVE both these cards, but I am in LOVE with your wolf!!! Great work Deb ;o) Big Hugs ;o)