Wednesday, January 28, 2015

APC #20

Hi Everyone! It is nice once in awhile for the weathermen to be wrong!  If you read my previous post, they were predicting 12" to 18" for our area--we got 6.5"! It was very windy and cold, but the snow remained fluffy and my DH was able to clear it easily with the snow blower.  It remains below freezing today, but since I have no plans to go out until later in the week, I'm pretty content inside. Besides, I have been getting a lot of crafting accomplished!
This week, Claudine's Altered Playing Card Challenge prompted us to create Valentine themed cards in alternate colors.
Claudine used spray acrylics--I tried for an interesting effect dabbing the colors on with a cloth. I like the mottled look with some of the white gesso showing through. I drew, embossed and cut my heart out of scrapbook paper. "Forever" was handwritten with an embossing pen and then roughly cut out.  I doodled the border with black sharpie and added the white highlights--can you tell I am loving my new white pen? 
For this card, I dabbed the yellow on a little thicker since I was trying to cover up a card that I did not like how the background came out. A few of my splatters were big drops so I turned everything into drips! Again, the hearts were drawn, but out of scrapbook paper and doodled with white pen.  I added some different black & white washi tape and hand wrote the words.

I am being featured on Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog today! Stop by and learn everything you always wanted to know about Craftymoose but didn't think of asking! Besides being an accomplished mixed media artist, gardener, altered book maker, and quiltlet maker (I'm sure I've left out more than a few of her accomplishments so please peruse her blog!), she is an excellent interviewer. Thanks for visiting!





8 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Your color choices and drips and white pen doodles make your cards so special Debbie with the addition of your hand drawn hearts ♥
You make me miss making ATCs!
I really enjoyed your interview over at Elizabeth's. You both did such a great job AND your beaded pieces are stunning. The mixed media piece you created with the bees nest center for your sunflower is quite wonderful too.
So much to enjoy.
Stay warm!
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your lovely APCs make me smile. You managed to make yours look like Claudine's without any of the same supplies. That in itself is impressive.

I was just reading through my interview with you and NOT ONCE did I leave links to your Esty or Website. I felt stupid for not giving people a way to find you, other than your blog. I must learn to include that in my questions from now on. My most humble apologies.

Valerie-Jael said...

These are both gorgeous. You really have got a lot done this week, bad weather is always good or something! Take care, Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Corrected my mistake and have now added the links.

see you there! said...

Great cards, I like the way you are using that new white pen. Also enjoyed the interview Elizabeth did. Glad you didn't get the expected amt. of snow.

Darla

TwinkleToes2day said...

What a fabulous interview Debbie :o))
Your APC's are fabulous, I love the alternative colours and that they aren't traditionally mushy, lol :o))

Magic Love Crow said...

I was thinking about you, when the news was on! Glad it wasn't as bad as they said it was going to be! These two cards are so precious! Love them! I really do ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

ionabunny said...

These are great. The yellow/red/black combo is so stiking. Hope it's warmed up. Hugz