Thursday, January 15, 2015

APC #18

Hi Everyone! Claudine's prompt this week focuses on beauty. She chose lovely colors, quotes and flowers which certainly are my first thought when I think of nature's beauty.
Here are my altered playing cards together:
I forgot to take photos of the backgrounds which were made in a similar way to the last set of cards. I put paint down on my craft sheet, spritzed my cards with water, and attempted to pull them straight up. I did the one on the right first which got a little smudgy, but I got the hang of it by the second card.
I decided to use some flower cut outs that I had for the flower heads. I doodled them up, added stems and leaves, and the quote was one I had in my stash.
Since I do not have any large flower stamps in my stash, I hand drew my sunflower on a used tea bag paper with ultra fine sharpie.  Good thing I had a piece of scrap paper underneath as the marker went right through--no bleeding though, so I was pleased.  I cut it out and added it to the card along with two punch out leaves.  I added the quote in green sharpie, "The amen of nature is always a flower"--one of my favorites.

Thanks for visiting!


7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh wow, Debbie. Your APCs are so much better than mine. You followed Claudine's tutorial better than I did. I really like the background on BOTH of these. And I was impressed the paint didn't turn to mud.

Lovely, lovely flowers and I was very impressed with your drawing skills, too. And of course, I love anything tea bag inspired.

Valerie-Jael said...

They are both wonderful, love the colours and quotes! Hugs, Valerie

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Amazing use of colors!!! Love them both!!

massofhair said...

Two wonderful APC's Debbie, they are just beautiful! :-) xxx

Claudine Criner said...

These are beautiful and I can tell your backgrounds came out so nice! Wonderful!

see you there! said...

I like the colors and the quotes. Congrats for keeping up with the challenge.

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

These are so pretty! Shoot I didn't realize how long I haven't been around! Sorry my friend! Love you!