Tuesday, December 9, 2014

T Stands For Tuesday-Tea Packets

Hi everyone! After a wild 4 days I was actually able to sit down and think about doing something crafty.  No better time than to show this project than with Elizabeth and the rest of the T Stands For Tuesday gang! Invited by my friend Valerie from Bastelmania, I am also linking to Art Journal Journey whose theme this month just happens to be collage!
I've been hoarding tea packets from tea I've purchased, been given as a gift or as a free sample.  I decided they would make the perfect collage for the first page of my tea journal. Not a lot of thought; just placed them as I picked them up. I was thinking I might do this on the last page/cover, too, so I better get drinking!

This was the scene out my kitchen window at 5:30 am Sunday morning.  I know it is dark, but it is the best photo of the moon with clouds that I have ever managed.  We were up to drive to New York City where our daughter attends Grad School in Lower Manhattan.  She was moving out of the dorm and into an apartment in Brooklyn, NY.  With only one semester to go (can we all shout Hallelujah!), actually only two classes left, she no longer had enough credits to be eligible for housing. The drive and move went smooth as can be, and her boyfriend was a big help again in carrying the heavy things up two flights of stairs.  Well, anyway, I digress, because I really just wanted to show off the photo!

Happy T Day and thanks for stopping by!



19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your collage and the photo. Glad your daughter's move went smoothly! I would be happy if you would link your lovely tea-collage to Art Journal Journey! Hugs, Valerie

Kokopelli said...

There are definitely some teas I'd love to try. Especially the coconut cocoa and the chocolate banana.

~*~Patty S said...

Your tea packet collage is super.
Best of luck to your daughter!
We enjoyed that same pretty moon in San Francisco. Fun how the same moon shines on everyone.
Happy T Day dear Debbie!
oxo

Krisha said...

I LOVE the photo, thanks for sharing.
What a great idea for the tea packages......very clever
Happy T-day

Dianne said...

Awesome tea collage...and pic of the moon. I am not proficient enough with our camera's settings to get good night-time photos...so this looks excellent to me! wow, an apartment in Brooklyn sounds exciting...your daughter is launching a new chapter. Good for her, and congrats to you. happy T day!

Rita said...

That's about as close as I can get with moon pics using my camera, too. Beautiful, though. Love your teabag collage pages! Yes, having the same on the back pages would be so cool! Happy T-Day! :)

Robyn said...

great up cycling!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I saw the moon through the trees from my office window, but there was NO way I was going outside to try to take a photo in the cold. Yours was super.

What a great opening statement for your Tea AB. It will also make a great ending, too, I suspect.

This may be a challenge for your daughter as she finishes her studies. I wish her luck in her new place, and hope it is in a safe neighborhood.

Thanks for sharing your Tea collage, your moon shot, and your daughter's adventures with us for T this Tuesday.

massofhair said...

Beautiful and colourful tea collage Debbie, looks amazing. An amazing photograph can see why you are so pleased with it.

Great news your Daughter's move went so well, hope you all had a fun time :-) xxx

loveofcollage said...

love the moon and the tea

Halle said...

A tea journal is a neat idea!
Happy T day on Wednesday!

jinxxxygirl said...

I enlarged the photo and it IS quite fantastic!! Congrats to your daughter for being so close to graduation!! Woohoo!!! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day on Thursday. WOW, that picture is amazing! I always have a hard time with night pictures, great job catching this beauty.

YAY for your tea journal collage! LOVE IT!! You should do it on the last page too.

YAY for your daughter!
Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

I always have an extra look at my empty teabagpapers ..and some I collect as well ... what you have done with them is just my "bag of tea" lol!
Happy belated T-Day and thank you so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey!Would be great to see you soo in January for our next theme as well!
xxx
Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks for linking to AJJ! And hope to see you there again! Hugs, Valerie

Magic Love Crow said...

I love your moon photo! It is beautiful! Funny enough, I enjoyed the full moon on sunday morning too! So happy everything went smooth with your daughter ;o)
That collage of tea bags is cool!
I see you have word verification too. It's happening on my blog as well! Yuck!
LOL!
Hugs ;o)

see you there! said...

I am way late for Tuesday. I like your tea packets for a tea journal though and that moon picture is wonderful.

Darla

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm not sure how I missed your T Tuesday post, but when I saw your comment on Darla's blog I followed your link to see what I'd missed. I love what you did with your tea journal collage. And that photo! A lovely shot of the moon. :)

Gloria said...

What an exciting time for your daughter, and good parents up at 5:30! I had hoped to see the meteor showers this past weekend, but we have had cloudy, thick skies so can't see anything. Drink your teas in good health inside where it's warm and cozy...