Monday, December 15, 2014

CB#25 Faith and Harmony-The Finale!

Hi everyone! I cannot believe that we have reached the end of The Craft Barn's Quotes & Lyrics challenge! I had such a fun time with this and really want to thank everyone over at the Craft Barn for the wonderful inspiration and all the hard work! That said, I finished mine for this fortnight.....
An artful quote by Paul Cezanne: "Art is a harmony parallel with nature."  I made the color wheel on a separate piece of card stock and colored it in with watercolor pencils.  Each pie wedge has an acrylic gem flower in the complimentary color.

I had to edit this post to add a mosaic of all my completed pieces as Bleubeard and Elizabeth did:

Craft Barn Quotes & Lyrics Challenge 2014


I can't wait to see what the next challenge brings! To be announced on January 5, 2015. Stay tuned.

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

I love your color wheel!!! And the quote is so to the point!!!

kaybee said...

Great quote, and love the interpretation!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love what you have made, and the quote is great, I have written it in my quote book! Good for you sticking to the challenge til the end, well done! Take care of yourself, Hugs, Valerie

massofhair said...

Gorgeous colour wheel and gem Debbie and a wonderful quote.

It has been a pleasure to visit your blog and get such inspiration from you. Thank you for all your encouraging and kind comments. May Peace, Love, Joy and Light be with you over the holidays.

Mo :-) xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a great use of the quote. I was really impressed with the color wheel and your use of complimentary gem colors. This entry made me smile BIG.

So glad you joined this year. It has been fun, hasn't it?

TwinkleToes2day said...

Excellent idea how to depict the quote. Nice use of gems too :o))

Elaine said...

Love your colourful final piece and a great quote to choose. I'm looking forward to next year's challenge too!! Merry Christmas.

see you there! said...

Your color wheel is very clever with those added gemstones.

Darla

kaybee said...

After your comment on my blog I've come back to look at your mosaic of entries - fabulous - don't they look great together!

Helen said...

what a great entry for this fortnight and a great quote too.. lovely to see all your entries in one photo too.

thassos456 said...

Fab idea with the colour wheel. Great quote too :)

Craftyfield said...

Love your fun colour wheel idea for this quote, which I chose too!

Magic Love Crow said...

Love the colour wheel ;o) Congrats on finishing the challenge ;o) Well done ;o) Excellent seeing all your works together ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Vicky Hibbs said...

Very lovely quote and my favourite a rainbow of colours.

Gloria said...

Seeing your cards all together is a treat. It's nice to look back at the colors and techniques; and the quotes are inspiring. You do good cards!

lena-dailyscrap said...

Beautiful colour wheel! Great idea to combine the colours with the quote.... Hope to see you again in 2015 - wish you a good start of the new year! Love .Lena

Scrapmate said...

Ending on a high note with a clever page. I love your mosaic of entries.

maggie said...

A very clever way to depict your quote and lovely to see all your entries to the challenge together.
Happy new year.