Thursday, December 4, 2014

CB#24 Heart and/or Risk

Hi Everyone! The inspiration for this latest ATC for The Craft Barn Q & L Challenge came from Ben Franklin.
This ATC started out with a background created a while ago by just dripping various dyes and inks on it. It was bright and bold and to tone it down I brushed on some gesso which is when a "happy accident" happened. The gesso reactivated the dried ink and smeared it which I really liked. I added the large flower die cut to help fill up the background. The computer printed words were swiped over with some distress stain and cut with fancy scissors. A few little flowers cut from a page, and I called this one finished!

I want to take a moment first of all to thank The Craft Barn for hosting this challenge and for the inspiring examples from the Design Team members.  I also want to thank all the participants who have stopped by to comment, answer my questions and encourage me--it has been appreciated much more than you can know.  I am so proud of myself for keeping up with this challenge! 

19 comments:

massofhair said...

Your ATC is fabulous Debbie, bright and beautiful with lovely words which resonate well with me.

Have enjoyed visiting your blog and being inspired by your fabulous entries. THANK YOU for visiting my blog and leaving some of the kindest and encouraging comments.

Hoping to see you back at the Craft Barn next year if there is another Challenge :-) xxx

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

So true Debbie!! So fresh and lovely like a spring!!! I love it!!

Scrapmate said...

A lovely quote that I haven't heard before. I like your ATC and it's good you went with your happy accident. I've enjoyed this challenge too and am looking forward to binding my pages together. Thank you for all your kind comments over the past year on my blog.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This happy accident made me smile. I know my gesso dilutes my shimmering mists, but I didn't even think about gesso reactivating them. And that's silly, too, because I know they are so reactive to any moisture. Glad you played and experimented and shared your results.

I thought penultimate meant next to last, so I'm expecting one final challenge this year. Regardless, I'm SO glad I was able to inspire you to join, because it's been fun. Will you be playing again next year? Not sure what they have in mind, so I'm on the fence about it.

Valerie-Jael said...

It has turned out so well, don't you just love happy accidents like that! Hugs, Valerie

sheila 77 said...

Beautiful page with a beautiful quote too. Love your happy accident background.

kaybee said...

Serendipity is one of my favourite words, and your happy accident has created a fab background. And a lovely floral display on a cold winter's day!

see you there! said...

Nicely done and you get a gold star for completing the challenge.

Darla

Gloria said...

I enjoy reading about your experiments and happy accidents, we all learn something! Thanks for another lovely and positive card. They are a joy to see.

Elaine said...

A great ATC - love all the flowers and lovely quote!

Craftyfield said...

Don't you love it when happy accidents happen... Great combination of images and colours for a lovely page!

Magic Love Crow said...

You should be proud of yourself Deb! Remember, there are no accidents ;o) I love this one! I love the quote ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Fiona Spain said...

I so love happy accidents. A great page.

thassos456 said...

Lovely ATC. So colourful. Perfect for this dull and grey day :)

TwinkleToes2day said...

Very beautiful ATC. I had a 'happy accident' like that a while ago, it made me smile, as does yours. The quote is fabulous Debbie, fab find :o))

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So fantastic, makes me dreaming of summer.

lena-dailyscrap said...

Lovely and very true!

ionabunny said...

This is lovely. Great quote. Hugz

maggie said...

A well chosen quote that you have depicted beautifully.