Thursday, December 18, 2014

APC#14

Hi Everyone!  There is a seasonal theme this week for the Altered Playing Card Challenge. As always, you can click on the link on the left to see our host, Claudine's, awesome examples and visit everyone else who participates.
Here are my cards together.  I really like how these came out despite not having a die cutting machine nor an embossing machine.
I did, however, have some embossing plates--not the kind that go in a machine I don't think. Just double sided free standing ones I bought on clearance just last week in fact!  First I used the punch out inside from a plastic snowflake stencil to lightly draw where I wanted the snowflake.  I embossed it with the only color (gold) embossing powder that I thought would show up and be appropriate.   Then I somehow managed to figure out where to draw & hand cut out another snowflake from a larger piece of card stock.  I used a star pattern that looked like it could pass for snowflakes & embossed away. My hands were pretty tired after that! The poinsettia was a rub on that I applied to another piece of paper since I remembered how a previous rub on did not work on the gesso and made a real mess. I glued two strips of mulberry paper for the snow. "Happy" is obviously another rub on, which "Holidays" was hand written.
I used a sheet of snowflake scrapbook paper for the background on my second card.  The trees were stamped using part of a large foam stamp, and the deer and wording were recycled from an old card.  I added a ribbon bow and called this one done!

Thanks for stopping by!





8 comments:

massofhair said...

Love both your APC's Debbie, they are beautiful. Some amazing textures and wonderful Christmas colours on both of them :-) xxx

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

So much work goes into these. Just amazing Debbie. I have no clue about embossing other than I used it inside and on polymer clay. Gives great effect.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, Debbie, they are fantastic! Hugs, Valerie

see you there! said...

Well done. Working that small with that much detail is challenging.

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

Love them both Deb! So much work goes into creating these! It's amazing! Well done! Hugs ;o)

Geckostone said...

Hello, hello,Deb,I'm finally back in blogland,missed you! These are soooo cool,love em!!!Hugs, Deb

Claudine Criner said...

Oh my goodness, these are fabulous. I really love what you've done with this week.

~*~Patty S said...

Your Christmas cards turned out lovely Debbie.
The embossed backgrounds do add a nice texture.
So far I have resisted a die cut machine...trying to stay strong hah!
Happy Christmas to you and yours.
oxo