Friday, December 26, 2014

APC #15

Hi Everyone! I hope everyone who celebrates had a lovely Christmas Day.  My Dad joins us for Christmas Eve when we make the traditional fish dishes.  On Christmas Day we have friends over and after we sample some hors d'oeuves we chow down on lasagna, followed by ham. There are always a few desserts to top it all off.  And we cut back this year!  We still have tons of leftovers to see us through the week!  I'm actually pretty proud of myself for not overeating this year. So, on to this week's altered playing cards.....

As always, you can click on the link in the right side bar to be taken to Claudine's blog to see her examples.  Since I did not have embossing paste, I searched the internet for a recipe for an easy texture paste.  I am not sure if they are the same thing or not, but I was able to make something that worked for me.
Here are my cards with the texture past applied.  I found a recipe using baking soda and divided it in half to I could add white paint to half and black to the other.  It dried well and stayed adhered to the cards so I went with it.
I used ink that I drizzled and blotted on since I don't have sprays. You can see it totally tinted the white texture paste  I stamped a swirl on the left & rubbed some mica powder over it just to glitz it up a bit. I doodled with black & white pens, added the words and the moose.
For the second card, I used my distress stain dabbers so the color is a bit more muted.  I was able to doodle on the black paste with my white pen.  I doodled with a black permanent marker on the background, again added the words and the giraffe.

Thanks for stopping by and in case I don't make it to post before, I wish all of you a very Happy New Year! I am so grateful for all your visits, comments and encouragement throughout the year!


10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your cards! Glad you had a good Christmas. I must confess to eating a lot, but I did walk a lot, too! Hugs, Valerie

massofhair said...

Wow Debbie your cards are fantastic, your texture paste is the same as embossing paste, the only diffetence is usually how much height you get from the paste, yours looks fab!

Some great dimension and depth, both cards are beautiful. Mine are drying as i type.

Your Holiday sounds fab so far:-) xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It never occurred to me to try to find a substitute for the paste Claudine used. I like your initiative, though. Speaking of initiative, I can't believe I missed the last APC challenge. Shame on me. And shame on me for not properly thanking you for your gorgeous gift. I know right where I'm going to place it, too. It's even the perfect color and everything.

I really had to laugh at your chocolate moose humor. That was super fun and funny. Really like both of these and they are SO much better than mine.

Gloria said...

Years ago I saw chocolate moose/mousse art and hung it on every kitchen wall wherever I lived. He is dripping in chocolate and the expression on his face is funny.

I like the colors you chose for your moose card and all the detail work is wonderful on both cards.

I didn't overdo it with food either, healthy food- but did have a bit too much chocolate. Back to being more careful now that the big day is over.

P.S. What's up with the captcha and verification? Is it showing on my blog too when you comment?

Christine Bennett said...

Hi Deb, I'm glad you had a great Christmas! The images are broken for me in your blog post, so I can't see your lovely APCs. I'll check back again later.

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

I am happy to read that you are having a lovely christmas. Love your new cards!!!

~*~Patty S said...

Great moose card (I am drawn to animals with antlers so much!) and your giraffe card is super too Debbie. Clever you making your own texture paste too!
I have confirmed once again that I cannot be at home alone with the Saltine Toffee Cookies that I usually make each year...deary me so tasty.
Wishing you and yours a very Happy and Healthy New Year!!!
oxo

Magic Love Crow said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas Deb ;o) I have to admit, I over ate! Actually, I over ate today too! LOL! No more ;o) I have to be a good girl ;o) Your cards rock girl! Seriously, they do! Really cool! Very creative! Happy New Year! Love you my friend! I couldn't have made it through this year without you! xoxoxoxo

Magic Love Crow said...

I forgot to tell you, my sister-in-law loves my grey angel. I wasn't going to give her that! LOL! Remind me for next year, please ;o) Hugs ;o)

Geckostone said...

Beautiful, I want a bite of that chocolate moose,lol!Hugs!