Wednesday, November 26, 2014

CB #23 Journey and/or Friendship

Hi everyone! I found tons of quotes that I liked for either of these words but unfortunately not a lot of drawing inspiration. Be that as it may, here is my ATC for this fortnight:
An inspiration quote from Lao Tzu, a Chinese Philosopher.  Not sure if you can see it anymore, but the background was a map.  I thought it was too prominent so I lightly gessoed it before using alcohol marker to add some color.  The stamped tree was gone over with marker & the footprints hand drawn.

It has just started snowing here with expected totals in my area of 4-8" (10-20 cm).  Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

massofhair said...

Love your footprints they make your card! Love the colours you have chosen and you can just about see the background:-) xxx

lena-dailyscrap said...

Perfect stamp for this theme! Great bg color - "my" blue...!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't remember who else used this, but I also told her that I have a small poster that has that saying on it, except it reads "with a single step," not "one step." Looks like the one I have must be a variation on the quote.

I had to enlarge the piece (ATC)to see the map. At one time, I had a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. He was a pure breed, and someone stole him when he was about eight. I still have his pedigree papers that show his lineage. The things we think of when we should be enjoying and appreciating art.

So now that I've shared my life story (grin), I have to say how much I enjoyed your footprints. They are fun, fun, fun.

kaybee said...

I do like that quote, and love your hand drawn footprints. Though they will need some woolly socks for the expected snow!

Elaine said...

Great quote and I love how you've depicted it with the footprints!!

Fiona Spain said...

Lovely. Excellent foot prints.

Craftyfield said...

The fun footprints are perfect for the quote, lovely page!

Scrapmate said...

Lovely page and a great quote.

thassos456 said...

Fab page. Love the feet. They work perfectly with the quote :)

maggie said...

A great choice of quote and illustrated perfectly.

see you there! said...

I could spot a bit of the map. I think your illustration of the quote is great.

Darla