Wednesday, November 26, 2014

APC Week 12

Hi everyone!  First I want to wish everyone who celebrates it, a Happy Thanksgiving!  We will be celebrating with some friends at their nearby home tomorrow...that is, if we can dig ourselves out from this snowstorm! The expected totals have ranged anywhere from 4-12" but have settled in around 4-8". I do hope it stays on the lower side.  Our DD came home last night so at least we do not have to drive in it. 

I thought it appropriate today to share my playing card challenge since the theme was all about being thankful.  Claudine kept it simple this week since many are busy with holiday preparations. As always you can visit her link to see her examples.
Here are my two cards together.  They both started out with scrap paper backgrounds as Claudine's did, and I did add some doodling, but that is where the similarity stopped.  I'm not a bare it all type of girl--I am thankful for many things and do love many things about myself--I just am not about shouting them out for the world to see, LOL. Individuality is always welcomed so I hope you like my take this week.
I picked a nice Autumn leafy paper for this one, did some simple doodling and added 3 quotes that inspire me.
These images all came from the same paper, but I cut them apart and attached them collage style. Again I added a sentiment that has meaning to me.

Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend! Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful cards, and it is so important to be thankful for what we have! Have a great Thanksgiving! Hugs, Valerie

massofhair said...

Enjoy Thanksgiving Debbie, i quite agree about not sharing anything too personal so i am very appreciative of your Thankful cards for the APC challenge! :-) xxx

Hope the snow doesn't get too bad, if we get snow the whole of the UK seems to stop, we're not geared up for the colder weather, fingers crossed this year will be different:-) xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Have a lovely Thanksgiving, Debbie. Even if you get snowed in, at least your darling daughter will be there to share it with you. That should be thanks enough.

I plan to fill my cards out, but will do it in the privacy of my own home. No sharing on the internet, although I actually like what you did better than what I made.

Thanks, too, for being so supportive of me and my art. You are a real gem and a true friend. Happy turkey day from Bleubeard and me.

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Happy thanksgiving!!! I am happy to hear that you are ok - we saw news from the snow chaos in your state!!! I love your cards - thankfullness is often forgotten in all our worries!!!!

see you there! said...

I like these two, you are so good about keeping up this challenge.

Darla

Gloria said...

Hope your holiday was not cut short by the snowstorm. An early snow came here, too, but not as much as yours.

Enjoyed your cards and all the quotes you have been sharing.

ionabunny said...

I really like your take on these. The quotes on the first one are a great idea. Hugz