Hi everyone! Today, I am sharing my altered playing cards for this week. You can visit Claudine here to see her lovely examples and how they were created.
Here are my two cards together. If you enlarge them you can really see the texture in the background. The one on the left has a decorated paper towel as the background, and the one on the right had the paper towel removed just before it dried so it just has a hint of color and texture left.
Now, of course, I did not have a paper towel that I had blotted ink on when I was doing other projects, so I had to make one. Just drips, splats, and blobs of various and miscellaneous inks. I used some snow texture medium for the snowbank at the bottom and got the same wicking of color as Claudine did on hers--love it, but really didn't want it on my snowman. So I used the same medium to make the snowman on a separate card, added the features with marker when dry, cut out and glued him onto the card. A few plastic snowflakes and sticker letters, and voila`! I love how this one came out!
This is the one with the subtle color as the paper towel was removed just before it dried. The wet surface of the glue transferred the ink and texture. I stamped a few large snowflakes and then embossed them which is very hard to see in this photo. The stem of the flower is washi tape. The head was free-form cut from a piece of scrap paper and a sticker flower added for some glitz. The dots are silver paint. I couldn't think of a suitable quote or wording, so I'll enjoy this one as it is!
Thanks for stopping by and have a happy creative weekend!