Tuesday, October 21, 2014

T Stands For Tuesday

Hi everyone! By now I think you can picture what my tea stained cup with the circles looks like....I forgot to take a photo of my usual morning tea, but it was English Breakfast this morning!

I have been happily crafting away making stock for the now two craft shows I will be doing this season.  The first is not until Nov. 22, so I have plenty of time.  But since time has a way of slipping away when we least expect it, I have really been going at it.  At the same time I am focused on using only supplies I already have, doing the challenges I have joined, and working on an order of 3 scarves, four beaded flower arrangements and a rose corsage for a local customer!  And my silly husband wants to eat, too?  Just kidding, because he is my biggest supporter!

So for tea day today, I will show you what I have been working on....
This is a re-working of one of the revolving trees I made last year.  You can see the original here.  I ripped off the brown yarn, re-wound it with jute and am now making tiny yo-yos to cover it.  The spool on the base is covered with twine and not glued on yet which is why it may look off center.  I covered the base of the tree with cork and when the yo-yos get down to the bottom, I will cover the seam somehow.   I like it better, but those yo-yos take forever to make!
The rest of the time has been spent beading (big surprise, huh?) some pendants.  The three in the top left corner are finished while the others are in various states of beading, or not.  Sometimes I just look at them for awhile to think on how to bead them, and sometimes it comes right to me.  I purposely keep them simple since the price they will fetch at a local craft show is not on a par with a museum gift shop.

Hope you will visit some of the other Tuesday gang and maybe even join us!  Here is the link to our fabulous host Elizabeth's post this week.

Thanks for stopping by!


16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

You have made some beautiful pieces! Have fun! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Debbie, your link goes to last week's post. I was going to change it, but Mr Linky wouldn't let me.

My friend Kathy bought a template for the yo-yos a few years ago. I'm not sure how many she made, but she said they saved time. The template is plastic and can probably be found at any high end fabric store.

You really HAVE been busy. Lovely new beaded pendants. I was shocked at how expensive some of these things can cost in high end and museum stores. I feel blessed to have several of your works.

Thanks for sharing your tree, yo-yos, and pendants for T this Tuesday.

Divers and Sundry said...

Nice jewelry! Your beading looks like what I see at museum gift shops, but people just don't expect to pay as much at craft fairs.

~*~Patty S said...

Your beaded creations are each lovely and what a fun use of fabric yo-yos!
You are a busy bee...
Happy T Day to you Debbie
oxo

Laurie M said...

your idea with the yo yo's is so pretty, lots of work too, your work is lovely!!

Krisha said...

As you know, I'm not a great beader, but I have made those style of pendants. Of course they aren't near as pretty as yours......they are awesome.
Happy T-day

Halle said...

Good for you with the shows. It is fun but can get a bit tedious working on the same things over and over. I've been watching Netflix while crafting lately.

TwinkleToes2day said...

Your beadwork is just stunning!!
Seeing as I missed T on Tuesday a couple of weeks back, I was glad you added the wrong link or I would have missed that amazing fungus, lol. Best wishes with the crafty creating for your shows, as you say, the time will be here before we know it. Happy T Day :o))

Robyn said...

love your repurposed tree!

sheila 77 said...

The tree looks very Christmassy, what an ingenious idea.
Love your beaded pendants, the finished ones look great on their organza(?)ribbon.

Gloria said...

New pendants look very elegant. You have chosen lovely combos.

I'm going to look at yoyos, I always think of the toy on string. Plaid at Christmas is extra nice.

Good luck with all the projects, keep a casserole in the oven or the slow cooker going for those long work days, so hubby doesn't fade away lol.

I want to see those scarves when you complete them.

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Lovely pendants Debbie - as always!!! And didn´t christmas just come very quick this year? Good luck preparing for your craft shows - that sure is a lot of work. Hope you sell it ALL!!!

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day, sorry I'm a little late getting here. I love your tree, how pretty it is. The necklaces are beautiful. Good luck with your crafting and the fair. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week.

Dianne said...

wow, your pendents look fabulous! so beautiful...good luck with creating stock for your shows...you are so right about time slipping away!

Rita said...

You've been very busy! I hope it goes well.
Happy belated T-Day! :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Busy, busy girl! Two craft shows this year? You usually only do one. I know you will be successful ;o) Tell your hubby he doesn't have to eat! LOL! Big Hugs ;o) (congrats on the special orders!)