Tuesday, October 7, 2014

T Stands For Tuesday-Autumn Colors

Hi everyone! Another Tuesday has rolled around, and that means it is time to link up with Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T on Tuesday!

It has been pretty busy around here, keeping up with challenges and orders, and trying to keep my Etsy shop stocked.  I love to be busy, and I love that good tired feeling at the end of the day!

For this T Tuesday post I am going to share a few photos taken on some of my walks this week--not a lot of commentary since I think everyone knows what Fall foliage looks like!


I actually thought the colors would have been brighter, but apparently they have not peaked yet.  It was really windy the last few days, and I knew if I didn't get right out there, there might be no leaves left--orange, red, yellow, or green for that matter!  Looking across the lake at the mountains is usually much more dramatic--I will keep watching for a better photo.


I could see this bright orange fungus growing on this old tree stump from my kitchen window. To put that in perspective, I took the third photo above from where this was located.  When I went down to photograph it, I saw that they had just mowed the lawn so it was covered with grass.  I went again yesterday, but unfortunately it had fallen apart, perhaps with a little help from the teenage boys who were playing football down there on the grass.
The mornings and evenings are starting to get chillier although it usually warms up a little from noon to mid afternoon.  I found a new flavor of Chai to try, Hazelnut, and I am hooked!  It is almost like dessert in a cup!

Last, I will leave you with a photo of what I found while DH and I were out on our walk yesterday:

A heart-shaped rock!  Flat on the back just like a cabochon!  After the holidays, I plan to turn this one into a piece of jewelry!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit today!

22 comments:

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Thank you for sharing your photos. It is absolutely beautiful where you live Debbie!!! And what a treasure you found in the heart shaped rock. Very excited to see what you come up with making jewelry from it!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What beautiful views around your lake. Lovely to see it this time of year. And that fungus was fun to see, even if it is now "in the wind."

This sounds like a fun tea, and I'm sure you will love it. Twinings is a good brand, too. That cup is gorgeous. I love the circles and the repetition.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful autumn colors with us for T this week, dear friend.

~*~Patty S said...

Fab heart rock!
I am always on the look out for those and that tree fungus sure is/was beautiful. Nice you caught it at prime time for your photos!
Our leaves here in Virginia are not quite as far along as yours.
SO beautiful with the blue sky reflected in the lake and all of that amazing color.
Happy October
it's nice to be back for tea.
oxo

see you there! said...

Enjoyed seeing where you walk. It looks so fall like. That fungus is amazing and the heart rock is a really special find.

Darla

Valerie-Jael said...

Great fall photos, and that fungus is beautiful, they grow a lot here, too, and kids seem to enjoy treading on them! Your heart shaped stone is wonderful, what a great find! Hugs, Valerie

Dianne said...

Love the fall color of the trees...indeed, the wind strips them all too quickly. amazing tree stump too...the swirls and color are very artistic! happy T day...

Krisha said...

Gorgeous fall pictures. It will be an other month before the leaves turn color around here.

That tree fungus makes a very pretty picture, too bad it "fell" apart.

Happy T-day

Divers and Sundry said...

Autumn is such a lovely time of year for a walk, and your pictures are wonderful! I can't imagine hazelnut tea, and I've never had chai (I know I'm behind the times). Looks good, though :)

dawn said...

Hello and happy T Day! I love seeing your beautiful fall pictures. How nice to have this place to walk by, would love to just sit there and enjoy the scenery. I bet it will get more gorgeous in the next couple weeks. Hoping the wind stays away from us too, the leaves never get to last long when it's blowing daily.
Love the mug! YAY for new flavors. Thanks for sharing and have a good week.

dawn said...

p.s. LOVE THE ROCK!!!

Halle said...

That fungus is gorgeous!! Big and scary but beautiful! ;)
Happy T day!

Magic Love Crow said...

Beautiful post Deb! The colours haven't peaked around here yet, either. But, many of the leaves are falling! I love where you live! That orange fungus is so cool! Never seen anything like that before! Too bad it had fallen apart. Those bad boys! LOL! Hazelnut sounds so good! Wow, you found a heart shaped rock! What a beautiful sign! You are surrounded by love ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Wow Deb these photos are fantastic. Thanks for sharing them. You live in a really pretty area.
Nicole/Beadwright

massofhair said...

Your Fall images are beautiful, hope you take more images and some us more when they 'peak'. Love the heart shaped rock, that is just plain romantic... :-) xxx

Bridget Larsen said...

love those autumn colours. wow that fungus is humongous
Bridget #3

Linda Kunsman said...

beautiful autumn photos! Aah yes those mushrooms are popping up all over aren't they-but very interesting to look at. Lovely heart shaped rock-I love when I happen upon one. I bet you'll make a gorgeous piece of jewelry out of it. Your new chai sounds so yummy-happy T day!

Dianne said...

I want to walk in that park...it's beautiful!

Rita said...

That fungus/mushroom/whatever it may be is just fascinating! And love the heart rock.
Happy T-Day! :)

jinxxxygirl said...

What a unique fungus!! I haven't lived anywhere wet enough to see that in quite a few years! So thanks for that. Your tea sounds yummy. I hope you had a fabulous tday! Hugs! deb

TwinkleToes2day said...

Autumnal colours win hands down evertime for me, they're like a light in the forest on a gloomy day. We have had dreadful winds today and sadly almost all the colour has blown down the streets.
That fungus is amazing. I always photograph fungus if I can, it's just fascinating stuff isn't it. Have a great mid-week to weekend :o))

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Amazing fall photos and that fungus is fantastic wow !Your heart shaped stone is lovely ! Hugs, Susi

Ariel said...

Your Fall photos are lovely. That heart shaped rock is beautiful.
Have a wonderful week
Susan