Friday, October 24, 2014

CB#21 Hug and/or Nowhere

Hi everyone!  I managed to complete my ATC for Craft Barn's Quotes and Lyrics Challenge #21 during the first week despite having a hard time finding a quote.  I settled on "A hug is a handshake from the heart" --Author Unknown.  If anyone knows who actually said this...please let me know in the comments.
For the background, I layered on some small heart cutouts that had various patterns.  Afterwards I thought it was too busy for what I wanted to do so I applied gesso and then some pink watercolor over it.  The heart was hand drawn and cut out and a separate piece of paper glued in the middle for the quote.  A few pieces of pink striped washi tape finished it.
Another look!

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a happy creative weekend!


14 comments:

see you there! said...

I saw a little something at the bottom of the heart so I enlarged the pic. How very clever. That handshake makes the whole piece for me.

Darla

massofhair said...

Great layers and colours used, great quote and loving the handshake very much. Lovely entry :-) xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the hugging heart - it is a beautiful quote, whoever wrote it! Hugs, Valerie

Craftyfield said...

Me too... the handshake is the clever part of the page and it supports the quote all on its own. I wish I'd come across this quote, it's short and true!

kaybee said...

Perfect illustration for a lovely quote.

Scrapmate said...

I love the linked hands at the bottom of your heart.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love this Deb ;o) Thanks for the smile ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

thassos456 said...

Fab idea withe the heart and the hands. And a really good quote :)

TwinkleToes2day said...

I love the hands of the heart. A lovely touch and the quote is so sweet.
I have yet to come up with anything - yikes! :o))

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a great quote and a lovely page.

Gloria said...

Don't know the author, but it's a great quote and your card shows it off sweetly!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Holy cow, Debbie. This is fantastic. I am here only because my neighbor Sally loaned me her old laptop that has no mouse. I adore what you did with the heart and hands. That would have gone well in my Hands AB. I love the image and of course, it goes so well with the quote.

Fiona Spain said...

A beautiful sentiment.

maggie said...

The hands and the heart is such a clever idea. A great atc.