Thursday, October 23, 2014

APC Week 8

Hi everyone!  Time to show my latest playing cards for Claudine's Altered Playing Card Challenge. This week it was all about hearts!
Here they are together, same theme, but quite different from each other.
 For this first card, I used Gelatos as did Claudine for the background.  This is my first time using them, and I think I could have blended them a little better--funny how ALL the flaws show up online! None of the black pens I had would write on the Gelatos, so I resorted to last week's trick of cutting a shape out of scrapbook paper and writing the quote on it.
For my second card, I dripped watercolor in a method similar to the example.  I had just let my daughter "raid" my paint box for some watercolor paints to take back to college with her so I had only a few colors left.  I decided to cut my heart from some gold metal foil, drew a design on it and mounted it with some padding behind it so it was dimensional.  I added the lines,but it still looked unfinished to me,so the tiny hearts outlined in black and filled with gold paint pen did the trick!

Thanks for another fabulous week or inspiration, Claudine!

11 comments:

massofhair said...

Two fantastic APC's Mo, loving the metal embellishment a lot and your first one is bright and beautiful.

I use Portfolio Pastels instead of Gelatos as these can be heated into the card and then you can write over them.

Sorry for lack of commenting, am hopefully going to keep up with your new blog posts:-) xxx

Laurie M said...

such beautiful cards, I have no knowledge of this process but love love the results!!

see you there! said...

Great cards. You are great at keeping up with this and it looks like you are learning some new tricks along the way.

Darla

Valerie-Jael said...

Your cards are very pretty. It is always impossible to write over oil pastels, so you found a good solution! Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

They are lovely and such great color use. How cool that you always find new ways in your art!!! Have a lovely weekend!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm having trouble keeping my internet going this week. Your APCs are gorgeous this week. You did a fantastic job, and I like the feel of texture you got out of the gelatos. I think I like how they "blended."

Your daughter got some watercolors, but it looks like you had enough left to make the second card. It is perfect with the tiny gold filled hearts.

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, I truly love these both!!! I won't ask if you are selling them! LOL!

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I love the one with the gold heart. Hearts are my thing and that is beautiful.
Janice

Claudine Criner said...

Love the gold metal foil heart you made. These are both really great!

Gloria said...

Beautiful cards! I like the quote on the first card and the small hearts under the large foiled heart look like Mama to her offspring. Very evocative. Your cards tell a story.

ionabunny said...

These are great. I'm working on this pair at the moment but came to a halt so decided to leave some love and hope for inspiration. I thought the bottom of mine looked empty as well so resorted to an embossing folder. Love your gold hearts. Hope to get this pair finished and blogged tonight. Feeling another embossing moment coming on...... Hugz