Wednesday, October 1, 2014

APC Week 5

Hi Everyone!  I am so happy today to have successfully completed my next two playing cards with the help of Claudine's Art Corner! As always, you can click on the link in my sidebar to see Claudine's awesome examples!
Here they are together! 
My background is very similar to Claudine's except that I used a stencil of dragonflies and butterflies instead of circles. I didn't have butterfly washi tape, so I added a bee to a piece of tape that I did have.  I fussy cut the little figure from an old children's book and used a punch out dragonfly for the wings. I came upon the word in a magazine and thought it fit this one perfectly!
I "cheated" a little bit with this background since I had some nice paper that was already collaged.  I did add the numbers, orange strip, and the clear lettering that I cut off a package.  It is in french but I placed it backwards.  Alice was kind enough to make an appearance here with her wings.  I thought she had a dreamy expression, so I stamped on a piece of homemade paper and colored it with distress stain.

All in all, I am thrilled with how these came out!  Thanks for the inspiration Claudine!

Thank you for stopping by! Be sure to visit again tomorrow when I will have a surprise up on my blog!

5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are simply adorable and great for this challenge. You did a wonderful job making these your own since you also didn't have the same tools and supplies as Claudine. Very impressive AND you beat me posting, too. All in all, your collages were much better than mine this week.

massofhair said...

WONDERFUL APC's Debbie, love your colours and images they have turned out so fantastic! :-) xxx

2amscrapper said...

I like your choice of images!

ionabunny said...

Hi these are great. Love the gnome and Alice with her wings, so cute. Two really fun cards. Hugz

Magic Love Crow said...

These are so precious Deb!! I love them! So cute ;o) Great job my friend ;o)